Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Flood Victims

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Flood Victims

Unread postby zbestwun2001 » September 5th, 2005, 4:20 pm

Due to the terrible floods in the south many people and animals have been displaced.

Donations for people can be made to the RED CROSS.

Donations for ANIMALS can be made at Noah's Wish, http://www.noahswish.org.

Let's not forget about the 1000s of animals that are lost, injured, and abandoned that also need help.

Thanks
zbestwun2001

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » September 6th, 2005, 5:14 am

I pray for those affected in this disaster.

And it is true we always forget the non Human victims of such problems.

Remember the Lord sees the falling of a little sparrow as much as a high ruler of humans.

Can we do less.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby MadameX » September 11th, 2005, 12:44 am

It always hurts me when something like this happens because the animals get left behind.

Not that I don't feel for the humans, of course. All are in danger.

Rescuers, it's been reported, have had to leave victims they were trying to move to shelters because they refused to leave their pets behind (the rescuers wouldn't allow them in the boats, only room for humans)

On one tv show, the question was asked, "Would you stay, or leave your pets behind?"

I couldn't. It would haunt me the rest of my life, if I did. My pets are like children to me. I wouldn't leave my children or grandchildren behind. I couldn't leave my pets behind either.
MadameX

Unread postby zbestwun2001 » September 11th, 2005, 2:11 am

Being a dog trainer I have a special place for them in my heart.

It just breaks my heart!

Steve
zbestwun2001

Unread postby P;3 » September 13th, 2005, 6:17 pm

MadameX wrote:It always hurts me when something like this happens because the animals get left behind.

Not that I don't feel for the humans, of course. All are in danger.

Rescuers, it's been reported, have had to leave victims they were trying to move to shelters because they refused to leave their pets behind (the rescuers wouldn't allow them in the boats, only room for humans)

On one tv show, the question was asked, "Would you stay, or leave your pets behind?"

I couldn't. It would haunt me the rest of my life, if I did. My pets are like children to me. I wouldn't leave my children or grandchildren behind. I couldn't leave my pets behind either.

a thought; the pets we have are "invited guests" that are our responsibility for the duration of their lives; we owe them a duty of care ; we choose to have them, , love and care for them; they give us uncondtional love and affection; my dog is a part of me; I have freely chosen to have a pet; I owe it to her to care for her for her natural life, including protecting her" against all adversaries, foreign and domestic" :roll:
P;3

Unread postby zbestwun2001 » September 13th, 2005, 7:01 pm

what a cute dog in your avatar....

looks like a golden retrieve to me from the pic or perhaps a cocker.

i am tending to say GR..

great breed, especially around kids.

Steve
zbestwun2001

Unread postby zbestwun2001 » September 13th, 2005, 7:15 pm

what a cute dog in your avatar....

looks like a golden retrieve to me from the pic or perhaps a cocker.

i am tending to say GR..

great breed, especially around kids.

Steve

By the way...

You know if you call a dog it comes...

If you call a cat, it's takes a message and comes later
zbestwun2001

Unread postby MadameX » September 16th, 2005, 11:19 pm

P3 wrote:
a thought; the pets we have are "invited guests" that are our responsibility for the duration of their lives; we owe them a duty of care ; we choose to have them, , love and care for them; they give us uncondtional love and affection; my dog is a part of me; I have freely chosen to have a pet; I owe it to her to care for her for her natural life, including protecting her" against all adversaries, foreign and domestic" :roll:

I may be seen as 'odd' for saying this, but your pets like your children in that respect. You are responsible for them. They come into your lives, or you choose them, as the case may be, and they look to you for love, care, shelter, protection, just as your children do. The only difference is that children are raised to leave their parents to establish their own lives and families. Pets, as you said, are with you till they die. Everything they need comes from you and they are dependent on you for that.

In that sense, to me they are 'children' until they leave us. As I said before, I could not live with myself if I left them behind.

zebestwun, that's a great analogy of cats....I love it! (I have 12, btw and one dog who is going to have puppies!)
MadameX

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions