Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

"New Year" worm - Hijackthis log

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

"New Year" worm - Hijackthis log

Unread postby NinaB » January 1st, 2008, 11:47 pm

Update:

The virus on my husband's computer is described here: http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/secu ... rewin.html

I found out the file downloaded by this virus is named Happy_2008.exe or Happynewyear2008.exe. I did a windows search, including hidden and system folders, for files containing Happy. I found and deleted HAPPY_2008[1].exe-004E799.pf in c:\Windows\Prefetch. I also deleted a number of related files in c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\history. These were in a folder called happysantacards (happysantacards.com) in the folder Tuesday, and the files were: happy_2008.exe and happysantacards (happysantacards.com). I also deleted the original email with the link to happysantacards.com. Now I suspected it was not enough to delete files in prefetch and history, and that the real worm was still lurking somewhere, with some name that does not include the word "happy". (The ony "happy" files I left on the system are those that are jpegs, gifs or pngs - I assumed that image files could not contain viruses - correct me if I am wrong, please). For about 45 minutes the computer seemed OK, and then all of a sudden Norton was going crazy again with trying to scan hundreds of outgoing mail attempts from the virus. So I pulled the plug on the Internet and we are no better off than before. As I mentioned before, I have not been able to do a complete Norton scan of the system, because the computer crashes with a blue screen before the scan can complete. At first I thought Norton might be causing this, because of a recent update to Norton that I did after the computer got the virus, or I thought that maybe the virus was interfering with Norton. However, I have noticed that even when we are not using Norton, the comptuer crashes periodically - and this is probably due to the virus. I am having trouble doing anything about the situation because I cannot connect the infected computer to the Internet. I got a complaint from my ISP about the spam, and I explained the situation to them and told them I would not connect it again until it is cleaned of the virus.

So I need help with the following: 1. Is there a tool or method for removing this particular virus? 2. If not, are there tools I can run quickly, or are their particular folders I should scan with Norton, because a total system scan is unlikely to make it all the way through before the system crashes. (I was able to run ad-aware at one point - and hijackthis also went quick enough that I was able to download it and run a scan before the inevitable crash). 3. Is there a way I can download software to my computer and then install it on the infected computer? I am thinking about putting the installation file on a USB memory stick, if it will fit, and then moving it to the infected computer and installing it there. Also, is it possible to download, say, virus or adware definition updates for Norton, Adaware, etc. to one computer, and then install them to the program on another computer? I am asking these questions because I cannot connect the infected computer to the INternet. 4. Finally, I of course need help with my hijackthis log. I know you are very busy, and that I am in queue. I just wanted to let you know what I have been doing since I posted before, some more details about this virus, and some of the questions I have.

This was my original message:

Hi again. You all were very helpful to me a couple of years ago, so now I am back again with another difficult problem. My husband followed a link in an email, supposedly to a New Years greeting card, and downloaded something that is attempting to send out spam email from his computer. I looked around a bit on the Internet, and it seems that people know about this - and that it may be what some people are calling the "Happy New Year" worm, a new version of the "storm worm", but I did not find anything about how to remove it.

When the computer is connected to the Internet, hundreds of outgoing mail attempts bog down Norton Antivirus, as it is trying to scan them all at once, and the computer slows down and becomes practically unusuable. Note that his usual email program (Eudora) is not even open when this is happening.

When I physically unplug the computer from the Internet, it is then possible to use the computer. However, when I attempt to do a Norton system scan, Norton runs for about ten minutes, and then crashes the computer (blue screen - memory dump).

I ran AdAware and it found 29 IE tracking cookies and removed them. I don't know if these are connected to the main problem or not.

I managed to download and run hijackthis. While hijackthis was scanning, I had to unplug from the Internet again because the outgoing mail attempts were building up again.

Here is the hijackthis log. Please let me know what I should do. Thank you so much for your help:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:38:08 PM, on 01/01/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16574)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dcfssvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\sistray.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4ss.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OrderReminder\OrderReminder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpohmr08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4gui.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\OPScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://home.cogeco.ca/~3musketeers/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HTpatch] C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiS Tray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\sistray.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OrderReminder] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OrderReminder\OrderReminder.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Device Detector 2.lnk = C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 1000 series.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yhexbmesca.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yhexbmesca.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {00000EF1-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} - http://mx253.sb03.com/apps/softsearch/m ... upmail.exe
O16 - DPF: {0E8D0700-75DF-11D3-8B4A-0008C7450C4A} (DjVuCtl Class) - http://www.lizardtech.com/download/file ... _en_US.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {861FDA2A-2B57-4BDA-8B8B-305C9D5D8604} (_Multimedia Player) - http://www.pussyharem.com/stream/mmp.cab
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Dcfssvc - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dcfssvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall 4 (KPF4) - Sunbelt Software - C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4ss.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

--
End of file - 8698 bytes
NinaB

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: "New Year" worm - Hijackthis log

Unread postby Simon V. » January 4th, 2008, 7:09 am

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

My name is Simon V., and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

You'll have to transfer all of the tools we're going to use with a USB stick.

Step 1

Open HijackThis, perform a scan and put a check next to the following items (if present):

O16 - DPF: {00000EF1-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} - http://mx253.sb03.com/apps/softsearch/m ... upmail.exe
O16 - DPF: {861FDA2A-2B57-4BDA-8B8B-305C9D5D8604} (_Multimedia Player) - http://www.pussyharem.com/stream/mmp.cab

Close all programs except HijackThis and click on Fix checked.

Step 2

Please download and install CCleaner.

Open CCleaner. On the Windows tab, leave the default options alone.

• On the Applications tab, check (tick) all the boxes except Saved Form Information. This will remove all your saved passwords if you leave this box checked.
  • Click on the Run Cleaner button at the bottom right hand corner.
  • When it's finished, click Tools in the left pane.
  • Verify that Uninstall is highlighted in color, or click on it.
  • In the lower right, click Save to Text File.
  • Pull down the arrow at the top of the Save dialog and choose Desktop as the location.
  • You can leave the filename as install.txt.
  • Click Save, then exit Ccleaner.

Step 3

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your desktop.

• Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, Deckard's System Scanner will open two Notepad files: main.txt and extra.txt - please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.
Simon V.
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby NinaB » January 4th, 2008, 3:37 pm

Thank you so much for your help, Simon V.

The logs you requested are below. By the way, while I was running CCleaner, Norton (auto-protect running in the background I guess) finally detected (and said it removed) the Trojan.Peacom.D virus. After a system restart, while I was running DSS, Norton detected and removed Trojan.Peacom.D again. Is it gone? I don't know.

Right after Norton removed Peacom it told me a malicious script was running and I stopped the script without stopping to think that it might be reacting to the DSS scan. It looked like the DSS completed, but if it didn't, let me know how to run it again as if it were the first time. (I tried to run it again and it seemed to do a shorter scan and only gave me main.txt.) Below are both logs from the first scan:

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Run by User on 2008-01-04 13:51:51
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------

Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point.

-- Last 5 Restore Point(s) --
82: 2008-01-04 18:52:12 UTC - RP1357 - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point
81: 2008-01-02 18:05:21 UTC - RP1356 - Removed Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
80: 2008-01-02 04:08:53 UTC - RP1355 - System Checkpoint
79: 2008-01-01 03:37:04 UTC - RP1354 - System Checkpoint
78: 2007-12-31 03:34:20 UTC - RP1353 - System Checkpoint

-- First Restore Point --
1: 2007-10-05 04:30:48 UTC - RP1276 - System Checkpoint

Backed up registry hives.
Performed disk cleanup.

Total Physical Memory: 224 MiB (512 MiB recommended).

-- HijackThis (run as User.exe) ------------------------------------------------

Scan saved at 1:54:15 PM, on 04/01/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dcfssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4ss.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\dss.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\HIJACK~1\User.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://home.cogeco.ca/~3musketeers/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Device Detector 2.lnk = C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yhexbmesca.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yhexbmesca.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0E8D0700-75DF-11D3-8B4A-0008C7450C4A} (DjVuCtl Class) - http://www.lizardtech.com/download/file ... _en_US.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... vSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... /cabsa.cab
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Dcfssvc - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dcfssvc.exe
O23 - Service: Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall 4 (KPF4) - Sunbelt Software - C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4ss.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

--
End of file - 8203 bytes

-- HijackThis Fixed Entries (C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\HIJACK~1\backups\) -----------

backup-20080104-131718-805 O16 - DPF: {00000EF1-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} - http://mx253.sb03.com/apps/softsearch/m ... upmail.exe
backup-20080104-131719-737 O16 - DPF: {861FDA2A-2B57-4BDA-8B8B-305C9D5D8604} (_Multimedia Player) - http://www.pussyharem.com/stream/mmp.cab

-- File Associations -----------------------------------------------------------

All associations okay.

-- Drivers: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled ---------------------

R1 fwdrv (Firewall Driver) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\fwdrv.sys <Not Verified; Sunbelt Software; >
R1 khips (Kerio HIPS Driver) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\khips.sys <Not Verified; ; HIPS>
R1 SiSkp - c:\windows\system32\drivers\srvkp.sys
R2 oirijshr6654647f - c:\windows\system32\oirijshr6654647f.sys
R3 Eplpdx02 - c:\windows\system32\drivers\eplpdx02.sys <Not Verified; MK Systems CO., LTD.; MK Systems LPT I/O Driver for Windows2000>

S3 VNUSB (VN Series Device) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\vnusb.sys <Not Verified; OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO.,LTD.; VVRUSB Driver>

-- Services: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled --------------------

All services whitelisted.

-- Device Manager: Disabled ----------------------------------------------------

Class GUID: {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Description: SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_80A71043&REV_91\3&61AAA01&0&20
Manufacturer: SiS
Name: SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
PNP Device ID: PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_80A71043&REV_91\3&61AAA01&0&20
Service: SISNIC

-- Scheduled Tasks -------------------------------------------------------------

2008-01-02 11:20:02 362 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job
2007-12-29 00:24:45 528 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer - User.job
2004-04-16 18:17:22 340 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\FRU Task #Hewlett-Packard#hp psc 1200 series#1073779620.job

-- Files created between 2007-12-04 and 2008-01-04 -----------------------------

2008-01-04 13:37:27 0 dr-h----- C:\Documents and Settings\User\Recent
2008-01-01 21:32:47 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-12-19 20:43:28 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Furcadia
2007-12-19 20:43:28 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Dragon's Eye Productions

-- Find3M Report ---------------------------------------------------------------

2008-01-04 13:51:33 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware
2008-01-04 13:44:38 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files
2008-01-02 13:16:23 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Google
2008-01-02 13:04:20 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard
2008-01-02 12:00:24 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus
2008-01-01 16:46:32 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2008-01-01 16:42:45 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Symantec
2007-11-28 12:29:51 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Corel

-- Registry Dump ---------------------------------------------------------------

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"HTpatch"="C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exe" [30/10/2002 04:40 AM]
"SiS Tray"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\sistray.EXE" [17/11/2002 10:36 AM]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [05/12/2003 06:39 PM]
"ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [09/01/2007 05:32 PM]
"Symantec NetDriver Monitor"="C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe" [01/01/2008 04:42 PM]
"gcasServ"="C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe" [15/11/2005 12:12 PM]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe" [12/07/2007 03:00 AM]
"TkBellExe"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [05/08/2006 03:49 PM]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [04/08/2004 02:56 AM]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks]
"{EDB0E980-90BD-11D4-8599-0008C7D3B6F8}"= C:\interlog\eudora\EuShlExt.dll [17/08/2006 02:57 PM 86016]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa]
"Notification Packages"= scecli scecli

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\vds]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\{533C5B84-EC70-11D2-9505-00C04F79DEAF}]
@="Volume shadow copy"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^KODAK Picture Transfer Software.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\KODAK Picture Transfer Software.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\KODAK Picture Transfer Software.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\NeroCheck]
C:\WINDOWS\System32\\NeroCheck.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\TkBellExe]
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Yahoo! Pager]
"C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-01-04 13:56:55 ------------

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (build 2600) SP 2.0
Architecture: X86; Language: English

CPU 0: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.70GHz
Percentage of Memory in Use: 69%
Physical Memory (total/avail): 223.53 MiB / 68.14 MiB
Pagefile Memory (total/avail): 546.81 MiB / 273.07 MiB
Virtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1949.93 MiB

A: is Removable (No Media)
C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 38.28 GiB total, 26.18 GiB free.
D: is Removable (No Media)
E: is CDROM (No Media)
F: is Removable (FAT)

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 - IOMEGA ZIP 250

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 - Maxtor 6E040L0 - 38.29 GiB - 1 partition
\PARTITION0 (bootable) - Installable File System - 38.28 GiB - C:

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2 - USB Flash Memory USB Device - 949.15 MiB - 1 partition
\PARTITION0 (bootable) - Win95 w/Extended Int 13 - 953.5 MiB - F:

-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------

AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install.
Windows Internal Firewall is disabled.

AntiVirusDisableNotify is set.

FW: Norton Internet Worm Protection v2005 (Symantec)
FW: Kerio Personal Firewall v4.2.3 T (Kerio)
AV: Norton AntiVirus 2005 v2005 (Symantec Corporation)

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Sunbelt Software\\Personal Firewall 4\\kpf4gui.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Sunbelt Software\\Personal Firewall 4\\kpf4gui.exe:*:Enabled:Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall 4 - GUI"
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! FT Server"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"

-- Environment Variables -------------------------------------------------------

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data
CLIENTNAME=Console
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=RON
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\User
LOGONSERVER=\\RON
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0103
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDOMAIN=RON
USERNAME=User
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\User
windir=C:\WINDOWS

-- User Profiles ---------------------------------------------------------------

User (admin)

-- Add/Remove Programs ---------------------------------------------------------

--> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0
--> rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\INF\PCHealth.inf
3Planesoft Screensaver Manager 1.1 --> "C:\Program Files\3Planesoft Screensaver Manager\unins000.exe"
Ad-Aware SE Personal --> C:\PROGRA~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1\UNWISE.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1\INSTALL.LOG
Adobe Acrobat 5.0 --> C:\WINDOWS\ISUNINST.EXE -f"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.isu" -c"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.dll"
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_activeX.exe
Adobe FrameMaker v7.0 --> C:\WINDOWS\ISUNINST.EXE -f"C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker7.0\Uninst.isu" -c"C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker7.0\Uninst.dll"
Adobe Photoshop 6.0 --> C:\WINDOWS\ISUNINST.EXE -f"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 6.0\Uninst.isu" -c"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 6.0\Uninst.dll"
Adobe Reader 7.0.9 --> MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A70900000002}
Adobe SVG Viewer --> C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -f"C:\WINDOWS\System32\Adobe\SVG Viewer\Uninst.isu"
ccCommon --> MsiExec.exe /I{DC367608-64A7-4BF7-92F4-8BAA25BA02DB}
CCleaner (remove only) --> "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe"
Connection Manager --> RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\System32\uninstcm.inf, Remove
DiskMonitor --> C:\Program Files\Precpop2\Uninstall.exe -diskmonitor
EPSON Printer Software --> C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\EPUPDATE.EXE /R
Eudora --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\09\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{792C373C-854B-462A-A03C-5F80B1278348}\setup.exe" -l0x9
HijackThis 2.0.2 --> "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe" /uninstall
HomePage Utility --> C:\Program Files\Precpop2\Uninstall.exe -homepage
HP Memories Disc --> MsiExec.exe /X{B376402D-58EA-45EA-BD50-DD924EB67A70}
HP Photo and Imaging 2.0 - All-in-One --> MsiExec.exe /X{9867A917-5D17-40DE-83BA-BEA5293194B1}
HP Photo and Imaging 2.0 - All-in-One Drivers --> MsiExec.exe /X{6ECB39BD-73C2-44DD-B1A0-898207C58D8B}
HP Photo and Imaging 2.0 - hp psc 1200 series --> C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\{7C8BB31C-E09E-4c7d-BBF1-45E33B467FE1}\Setup\hpzscr01.exe -datfile hposcr02.dat -forcereboot
hp psc 1200 series --> MsiExec.exe /X{C900EF06-2E76-49C7-8DB0-41F629B21DC5}
Intel(R) 537 Modem --> rundll32 IntelCci.dll,iSMUninstallation "Intel(R) 537 Modem"
Interlog Internet Services --> RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\System32\interlog.inf, Remove
Internet Explorer Q903235 --> C:\WINDOWS\ieuninst.exe C:\WINDOWS\INF\Q903235.inf
Internet Worm Protection --> MsiExec.exe /I{2908F0CB-C1D4-447F-97A2-CFC135C9F8D4}
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0150100}
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0150060}
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0150090}
Java(TM) 6 Update 2 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160020}
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160010}
KODAK Camera Connection Software --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{FE117AA8-6CF3-4F2D-96C9-CAE35C309704}\setup.exe"
KODAK Camera Connection Software Help --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{884CE4D3-71D7-494A-8206-1317201AAE04}\setup.exe"
KODAK Memory Albums --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{9A8F1CA0-9085-11D4-B869-0050DA73F204}\Setup.exe" UNINST
KODAK One Touch to Better Pictures --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{38FBBBD4-1D2A-4037-A71C-57093B4BA889}\Setup.exe"
KODAK Picture Software --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{51661BCF-F22A-11D4-82B4-00500494EF5C}\setup.exe"
KODAK Picture Transfer Software --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F90DA605-4E92-11D4-A319-00104BCAB4AB}\setup.exe"
LaserJet 1018 --> C:\Program Files\Zenographics\{1AF3FF33-9072-44BF-BC2B-D041D35A1A54}\setup.exe -u "HPLJInstaller.dll=Hplj1018.inf"
LiveReg (Symantec Corporation) --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\LiveReg\VCSetup.exe /REMOVE
LiveUpdate 2.6 (Symantec Corporation) --> C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LSETUP.EXE /U
Lizardtech DjVu Control (autoinstall) --> RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\DjVuLite.us.inf,DefaultUninstall,5
Microsoft AntiSpyware --> MsiExec.exe /I{536F7C74-844B-4683-B0C5-EA39E19A6FE3}
Microsoft Data Access Components KB870669 --> C:\WINDOWS\muninst.exe C:\WINDOWS\INF\KB870669.inf
Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 --> MsiExec.exe /I{91120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}
Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.11) --> C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe
Nero - Burning Rom --> MsiExec.exe /X{A4D7B764-4140-11D4-88EB-0050DA3579C0}
Norton AntiVirus 2005 --> MsiExec.exe /X{C6F5B6CF-609C-428E-876F-CA83176C021B}
Norton AntiVirus 2005 (Symantec Corporation) --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymSetup\{C6F5B6CF-609C-428E-876F-CA83176C021B}.exe /X
Norton AntiVirus Help --> MsiExec.exe /I{34EEB1F5-E939-40A1-A6BA-957282A4B2C8}
Norton AntiVirus Parent MSI --> MsiExec.exe /I{E5EE9939-259F-4DE2-8023-5C49E16A4F43}
Norton AntiVirus SYMLT MSI --> MsiExec.exe /I{D1FF75E7-DD42-4CFD-B052-20B3FFF4EDB8}
Norton WMI Update --> MsiExec.exe /X{1526D87C-A955-4FAB-BF18-697BA457E352}
Norton WMI Update --> MsiExec.exe /X{F64306A5-4C32-41bb-B153-53986527FAB4}
Olympus Digital Wave Player --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{FB91E774-867B-4567-ACE7-8144EF036068}\Setup.exe" -l0x9
Opera 9.0 --> MsiExec.exe /X{2E48A9E4-C531-4B71-ADF1-F80403413914}
Quicken 2006 --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\00\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{A50885B4-2D9B-4DC7-961D-2661B3A037F0}\setup.exe" -l0x9 anything -removeonly
QuickTime --> C:\WINDOWS\unvise32qt.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\QuickTime\Uninstall.log
RealPlayer --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0
SiS 650_651_M650_M652_740 --> RUNDLL32 setuplib.dll,UnInstall ,315&ISUNINST -f"C:\PROGRA~1\SISCOM~1.13\DeIsL1.isu"&P.U 4 sisgr.inf&-1
SoundMAX --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F0A37341-D692-11D4-A984-009027EC0A9C}\Setup.exe"
SPBBC --> MsiExec.exe /I{77772678-817F-4401-9301-ED1D01A8DA56}
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 --> "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\unins000.exe"
SpywareBlaster v3.5.1 --> "C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster\unins000.exe"
Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall --> MsiExec.exe /X{A990EAA7-8941-4621-BC27-4F16261D3180}
Symantec --> MsiExec.exe /I{228F6876-A313-40A3-91C0-C3CBE6997D09}
Symantec Script Blocking Installer --> MsiExec.exe /I{D327AFC9-7BAA-473A-8319-6EB7A0D40138}
SymNet --> MsiExec.exe /I{2DA85B02-13C0-4E6D-9A76-22E6B3DD0CB2}
TrojanHunter 4.2 --> "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.2\unins000.exe"
Voyage of Columbus 3D Screensaver 1.0 --> "C:\Program Files\Voyage of Columbus 3D Screensaver\unins000.exe"
WinZip --> "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE" /uninstall
WordPerfect Office 12 --> MsiExec.exe /I{AF19F291-F22F-4798-9662-525305AE9E48}
Yahoo! extras --> C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\unyext.exe
Yahoo! Install Manager --> C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsvr32 /u C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\YINSTH~1.DLL
Yahoo! Internet Mail --> C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsvr32 /u /s C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\ymmapi.dll
Yahoo! Messenger --> C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\UNWISE.EXE /U C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\INSTALL.LOG

-- Application Event Log -------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type26457 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/01/2008 05:08:59 PM
Event ID/Source: 1002 / Application Hang
Event Description:
Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16574, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Event Record #/Type26442 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/01/2008 04:31:23 PM
Event Description:
Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16574, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Event Record #/Type26441 / Error
Event Description:

Event Record #/Type26440 / Error
Event Description:

Event Record #/Type26263 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 12/23/2007 01:30:44 AM
Event ID/Source: 1000 / Application Error
Event Description:
Faulting application hpohmr08.exe, version 4.2.0.20, faulting module ole32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2726, fault address 0x00120f57.
Processing media-specific event for [hpohmr08.exe!ws!]

-- Security Event Log ----------------------------------------------------------

No Errors/Warnings found.

-- System Event Log ------------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type116350 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/04/2008 01:46:48 PM
Event ID/Source: 12 / PlugPlayManager
Event Description:
The device 'oirijshr6654647f' (Root\LEGACY_OIRIJSHR6654647F\0000) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.

Event Record #/Type116328 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/04/2008 01:45:50 PM
Event ID/Source: 7000 / Service Control Manager
Event Description:
The Protected Storage service failed to start due to the following error:
%%31

Event Record #/Type116327 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/04/2008 01:45:50 PM
Event ID/Source: 7012 / Service Control Manager
Event Description:
Message returned in transaction has incorrect size.

Event Record #/Type116292 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/04/2008 01:20:57 PM
Event Description:
The device 'oirijshr6654647f' (Root\LEGACY_OIRIJSHR6654647F\0000) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.

Event Record #/Type116256 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/04/2008 01:08:01 PM
Event Description:

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-01-04 13:56:55 ------------
NinaB

Unread postby Simon V. » January 4th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Hi :)

You'll need to upload a file. This is somewhat delicate, but I suggest you reconnect to the internet for that time. It should not take long, but if it's really unusable, tell me and I'll try to find another way.

Total Physical Memory: 224 MiB (512 MiB recommended).

If you computer is running slow, this could be the cause. I'd even recommend 1024 MiB for running Windows XP smoothly.

FW: Norton Internet Worm Protection v2005 (Symantec)
FW: Kerio Personal Firewall v4.2.3 T (Kerio)

You should only have one firewall installed at a time. Please uninstall one of the above using Add or Remove Programs (found here: Start > Control Panel)

Also, uninstall the following programs:

• J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10
  • J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
  • J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9
  • Java(TM) 6 Update 2
  • Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1

Step 1

Please go to VirusTotal or Jotti and upload c:\windows\system32\oirijshr6654647f.sys for scanning.

For VirusTotal:

• Please copy and paste c:\windows\system32\oirijshr6654647f.sys in the text box next to the Browse... button.
  • Click on Send File.

For Jotti:

• Please copy and paste c:\windows\system32\oirijshr6654647f.sys in the text box next to the Browse... button.
  • Click on Submit.

Copy/paste the results in Notepad and save them to your desktop.

Step 2

Please download ERUNT.

• Save it to your desktop. Install the program, then run it.
  • In the box that opens place a check next to all items, then click OK. It may take a minute. Just let it go until it's done.
  • Click OK again when it's finished.
  • Close ERUNT.

This is so the registry can be restored to this point if we need it.

Step 3

Copy the text below into a Notepad (Go to Start > Run, type Notepad and hit Enter) document:

Code: Select all
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa]
"Notification Packages"=hex(7):73,63,65,63,6c,69,00,00

Note: Make sure there is no blank line before REGEDIT4 and one blank line at the end.

Go to File > Save As:. Save the file as "Fix.reg" (Including the quotes)

Double-click on Fix.reg. When asked if you want to merge the file with the registry, click Yes.

Post the Virustotal/Jotti results in your next reply, along with a new HijackThis log.
Simon V.
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby NinaB » January 5th, 2008, 12:15 am

VirusTotal results:

0 bytes size received / Se ha recibido un archivo vacio

As you can see, the file c:\windows\system32\oirijshr6654647f.sys is gone, but there is another file c:\windows\system32\oirijshr.ini with a similar name. Should I delete it?

It looks to me like the virus is gone. There are no system crashes, no outgoing spam as far as I can tell ... and we were able to do a complete system scan with Norton and found nothing.

Here is the new HijackThis log:

Scan saved at 10:42:23 PM, on 04/01/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... vSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... /cabsa.cab

--
End of file - 7217 bytes

Thanks,

NinaB
NinaB

Unread postby Simon V. » January 5th, 2008, 5:19 am

Still a few things to clean up, but it's looking very good.

As you can see, the file c:\windows\system32\oirijshr6654647f.sys is gone, but there is another file c:\windows\system32\oirijshr.ini with a similar name. Should I delete it?

Yes, you can delete that file.

I forgot to say in my last reply, but you now can download and install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 3.

Step 1

Please copy and paste the text in the code box into Notepad (Go to Start > Run, type Notepad and hit Enter)

Code: Select all
@echo off

sc stop oirijshr6654647f
sc delete oirijshr6654647f
exit

Go to File > Save As:. Save the file as "Fix.bat" (Including the quotes)

Double-click on Fix.bat to run the file.

Step 2

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner.

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner. On the welcome screen, click Accept.

You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, click Install.

• The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on Next.
  • Now click on Scan Settings.
  • In the scan settings make sure that the following are selected:

• Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:

Extended (if available, otherwise Standard)

• Scan Options:

Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases

• Click OK.
  • Now under Select a Target to Scan:

Select My Computer.

• The program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
  • Now click on the Save as Text button and save the file to your desktop.

Step 3

In your next reply, please post:

• the Kaspersky Online Scan
  • a new HijackThis log
Simon V.
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby NinaB » January 5th, 2008, 8:12 pm

Hi again

Here are the Kaspersky and HijackThis logs:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Saturday, January 05, 2008 5:53:40 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 5/01/2008
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 503052
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 51915
Number of viruses found: 8
Number of infected objects: 41
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 01:21:57

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\settings.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Feeds Cache\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008010520080106\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\~DF2313.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\~DF231E.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\~DFD20C.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\AntiPhishing\B3BB5BBA-E7D5-40AB-A041-A5B1C0B26C8F.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\User\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcrst.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDALRT.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDCON.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDDBG.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDFW.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDIDS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSYS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPPolicy.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPStart.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPStop.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AVApp.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AVError.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AVVirus.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\15BE45D4.tmp/mbpbty.htm .pif Infected: Email-Worm.Win32.Mydoom.m skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\15BE45D4.tmp ZIP: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\15BE45D4.tmp CryptFF: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\34BA040F.zip/Counter.class Infected: Trojan.Java.Femad skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\34BA040F.zip/VerifierBug.class Infected: Trojan.Java.Femad skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\34BA040F.zip/web.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.LowZones.dm skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\34BA040F.zip/Worker.class Infected: Trojan.Java.Femad skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\34BA040F.zip/Xeyond.class Infected: Trojan.Java.Femad skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\34BA040F.zip ZIP: infected - 5 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\34BA040F.zip CryptFF: infected - 5 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\391B3939.exe Infected: Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.qa skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\3DD26494.tmp/transcript.cmd Infected: Email-Worm.Win32.Mydoom.m skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\3DD26494.tmp ZIP: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\3DD26494.tmp CryptFF: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\3E2D7C30.tmp/attachment.htm .scr Infected: Email-Worm.Win32.Mydoom.m skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\3E2D7C30.tmp ZIP: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\3E2D7C30.tmp CryptFF: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\46F555FA.sys Infected: Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.qa skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\51D14523.wmf Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.acd skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\51D8191C.zip/Counter.class Infected: Trojan.Java.Femad skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\51D8191C.zip/VerifierBug.class Infected: Trojan.Java.Femad skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\51D8191C.zip/web.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Small.ev skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\51D8191C.zip/Worker.class Infected: Trojan.Java.Femad skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\51D8191C.zip/Xeyond.class Infected: Trojan.Java.Femad skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\51D8191C.zip ZIP: infected - 5 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\51D8191C.zip CryptFF: infected - 5 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\52B96A24.wmf Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.acd skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\59126B43.tmp/mail.com Infected: Email-Worm.Win32.Mydoom.m skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\59126B43.tmp ZIP: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\59126B43.tmp CryptFF: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\5AEC75C4.tmp Infected: Email-Worm.Win32.Mydoom.am skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\5D8E1E0C.tmp/transcript.zip/transcript.pif Infected: Email-Worm.Win32.Mydoom.m skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\5D8E1E0C.tmp/transcript.zip Infected: Email-Worm.Win32.Mydoom.m skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\5D8E1E0C.tmp ZIP: infected - 2 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\5D8E1E0C.tmp CryptFF: infected - 2 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\668120F1.tmp/attachment.htm .exe Infected: Email-Worm.Win32.Mydoom.m skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\668120F1.tmp ZIP: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\668120F1.tmp CryptFF: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\797B477A.tmp Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.edn skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\7A3E6EA1.wmf Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.acd skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{28D8B696-96CF-4F19-923B-BFF3ADF18028}\RP1357\A0115884.sys Infected: Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.qa skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{28D8B696-96CF-4F19-923B-BFF3ADF18028}\RP1366\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\EventCache\{8F56EC45-D304-4AD5-ABC5-486FA4737C5B}.bin Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

Scan saved at 5:58:58 PM, on 05/01/2008

Running processes:

O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partne ... nicode.cab

--
End of file - 7329 bytes

Thanks! :flower:
NinaB

Unread postby Simon V. » January 6th, 2008, 5:51 am

Please go to this page and select your Norton product. Follow the instructions to delete your quarantined files.

Congratulations, your log looks clean. Please advise of any problems you are still experiencing, or follow these simple steps to keep your computer clean in the future:

You can now delete the following program(s):

• Deckard's System Scanner
    Fix.reg
    Fix.bat

Disable and Enable System Restore - If you are using Windows ME or XP then you should disable and re-enable system restore to make sure there are no infected files found in a restore point.

Step 1: Turn off System Restore:

• On the desktop, right-click My Computer
  • Click Properties
  • Click the System Restore tab
  • Check Turn off System Restore
  • Click Apply, and then click OK

Step 2: Reboot your computer.

Step 3: Turn on System Restore:

• On the desktop, right-click My Computer
  • Click Properties
  • Click the System Restore tab
  • Uncheck Turn off System Restore
  • Click Apply, and then click OK

Note: Only do this once, NOT on a regular basis!

Make your Internet Explorer More Secure

• From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
  • Click once on the Security tab.
  • Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
  • Click once on the Custom Level button.

• Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt.
    • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable.
    • Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable.
    • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt.
    • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt.
    • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt.
    • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
    • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.

• Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

Visit Microsoft's Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://update.microsoft.com/ regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

Install Ad-Aware - Download and install Ad-Aware (if you have Ad-Aware SE note that it is outdated, and you should update to Ad-Aware 2007). You should scan your computer with the program on a regular basis just as you would with your anti-virus software. A tutorial on installing and using this product can be found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutoria ... ial48.html

Install IE-Spyad - IE-Spyad places more than 4000 dubious websites and domains in the IE Restricted list. This severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites. A tutorial on installing this product can be found here: http://www.spywarewarrior.com/uiuc/resource.htm#IESPYAD

Update All Your Security Programs Regularly - Make sure you update all your security programs (Anti-Virus, Firewall, Anti-Spyware) regularly (once a weak, at least). Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

You can also read this excellent article by TonyKlein: So how did I get infected in the first place?

Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.
Simon V.
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby NinaB » January 6th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Thank you Simnon V. :) :)

All done, and we are not experiencing any more problems.

Your step-by-step explanations are very clear, and your extra advice about getting more RAM, etc., is much appreciated!

Best wishes,

NinaB
NinaB

Unread postby Simon V. » January 7th, 2008, 2:11 am

You're very welcome :) Glad I could be of assistance.

Happy surfing and stay safe!
Simon V.
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby silver » January 7th, 2008, 2:29 am