Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

my hijackthis log

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

my hijackthis log

Unread postby proimport » December 18th, 2007, 6:18 pm

I keep getting a message that the extension log is not allowed when I try to download my hijackthis log, what am I doing wrong? thanks
proimport

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: my hijackthis log

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » December 25th, 2007, 8:21 pm

Hi proimport,

Sorry for the delay in someone helping you. It's very busy here, as I'm sure you can see, and sometimes posts just slip through the cracks.

===Very Important===

1. If you have posted at other forums, you need to pick just one forum and stick to it. If you choose to continue here, please post back to the other forums advising them of your decision. If you choose one of the other forums, please let me know here so that we can lock this thread.

2. Do not run any scans/fixes unless instructed to do so. It is also vitally important that you DO NOT run scripts or fixes designed for someone else's computer. Doing so can cause irreparable damage to your machine.

3. If you're using P2P (peer-to-peer file sharing) programs or cracked/pirated software be sure to uninstall it prior to continuing. P2P software is a constant source of reinfection as is cracked software. Additionally, most forums and most helpers will discontinue assistance if these programs are not uninstalled.

That being said, let's get started. :)

I'm not sure that I understand your problem. Can you post the exact error message that you are receiving? Are you having problems downloading the HijackThis program itself, or are you having problems posting your log here?

If you're having problems downloading and/or installing the HijackThis program itself, please try the following. NOTE: These instructions also detail the best way to copy/paste your HJT log back here.

Please click Here or Here to download HJTInstall.exe.
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
  • Click Install.
  • By default program will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
  • HijackThis (HJT) will launch.
  • Close any/all browsers, messenger, mediaplayer, Office and mail client windows and applications.
  • Click Do a system scan and save a logfile
  • When the scan is finished, a Notepad window will open containing the contents.
  • Hit Ctrl+a to select all of the logs contents.
  • Hit Ctrl+c to copy the logs contents.
  • Come back to this thread.
  • Click Reply.
  • Hit Ctrl+v to paste the log into the Message body box..
  • DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. (Most of what it finds will be harmless or even essential.)
  • Make certain your post shows the entire log, please.
NOTE: For subsequent HijackThis scans:
Double click the HijackThis shortcut on your desktop.

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis is where you will find the HJT logs that you save. This is also where you will find the backup copies created by HijackThis when you have it "fix" entries.

Finally, before closing HJT:
  • Please Click the AnalyzeThis button.
  • "Analyze This" is for use by TrendMicro only!
  • "AnalyzeThis" DOES NOT mean "Analyze My Log".
  • You will need to post your log back to the forum.
  • Close the web page that appears then close HijackThis.

I'm now subscribed to this thread and will be notified by e-mail when you reply. Looking forward to your response. :wave:

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Re: my hijackthis log

Unread postby NonSuch » December 30th, 2007, 4:33 am