Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

My PC needs a healing

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby Katana » November 9th, 2007, 5:04 pm

I've just looked back at your DSS log, Norton is a hefty program to be running with 256 RAM :shock:
I would suggest that you chose an AV that is lighter on your system :lol:

Re MasterMailer.exe, that scan isn't conclusive but if you don't use it anyway then I would delete it.

Delete the following.
C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\MasterMailer.exe <<< This File.

Now lets have a last scan to make sure you are clean, then we can work on that host file :)

Kaspersky Online Scanner .

Go Here http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

Read the Requirements and limitations before you click Accept.
Allow the ActiveX download if necessary
Once the database has downloaded, click Next.
Click Scan Settings and change the "Scan using the following antivirus database" from standard to extended and then click OK.
Click on "My Computer" and then put the kettle on!
When the scan has completed, click Save Report As...
Enter a name for the file in the Filename: text box and then click the down arrow to the right of Save as type: and select text file (*.txt)
Click Save - by default the file will be saved to your Desktop, but you can change this if you wish.

Please post the report in your reply, along with a final HJT log.
If the report is too big to fit in one post, please split it over as many as you need.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Kasper & HJT logs

Unread postby ThisIsNotATest » November 9th, 2007, 9:30 pm

Thanks, I'll check into looking at a different AV. But before all the attacks, I haven't had any conflicts with running Symantec while processing or accessing my frequently used programs. It only appeared to hang when I was doing the combofix.

Anyhoo, here is the information you requested:

1. MasterMailer.exe deleted and removed from recycle bin
2. Kasper processed log created
3. HJT processed log created

KASPER:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Friday, November 09, 2007 7:14:06 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 10/11/2007
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 455609
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 46148
Number of viruses found: 4
Number of infected objects: 7
Number of suspicious objects: 4
Duration of the scan process: 02:08:23

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\WINNT\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\system32\config\SYSTEM.ALT Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\system32\config\SYSTEM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\system32\config\SOFTWARE Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\system32\config\DEFAULT Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\Debug\oakley.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\Debug\ipsecpa.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\CSC\00000001 Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINNT\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\ISearchTechISTsvc2.zip/BFvx1A.exe Suspicious: Password-protected-EXE skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\ISearchTechISTsvc2.zip ZIP: suspicious - 1 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\YazzleSudoku.zip/Yazzle1281OinUninstaller.exe Suspicious: Password-protected-EXE skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\YazzleSudoku.zip ZIP: suspicious - 1 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SmitfraudFix\Reboot.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SmitfraudFix.exe/data.rar/SmitfraudFix/Reboot.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SmitfraudFix.exe/data.rar Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SmitfraudFix.exe RarSFX: infected - 2 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles\WINNT\system32\ekmlbncv.dll Infected: Trojan.Win32.BHO.rf skipped
C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles\VNCTEMP\WinVNC.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RemoteAdmin.Win32.WinVNC-based.b skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\CiSP0000.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\INDEX.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\CiP10000.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\CiCL0001.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\CiSL0001.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\CiP20000.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\CiPT0000.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\CiST0000.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\00000002.ps2 Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\propstor.bk1 Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\propstor.bk2 Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\cicat.hsh Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\CiVP0000.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\cicat.fid Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\00010012.ci Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\00000002.ps1 Object is locked skipped
C:\VNCTEMP\VNCHooks.dll Infected: not-a-virus:RemoteAdmin.Win32.WinVNC-based.b skipped

Scan process completed.

HJT:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:17:08 PM, on 11/9/2007
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\palmOne\Hotsync.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\DataViz\DvzIncMsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\Media Card Companion\MCC Monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\showme.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = 192.168.1.254
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :80
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: BellSouth Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8CBD-FD60BB9AAE2E} - C:\PROGRA~1\BLSTOO~1\BLSTOO~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1033,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\system32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: BellSouth Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8CBD-FD60BB9AAE2E} - C:\PROGRA~1\BLSTOO~1\BLSTOO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [blspcloader] "C:\Program Files\BellSouth Internet Tools\blsloader.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScreenPrint32] C:\Program Files\ScreenPrint32 v3\ScreenPrint32.exe -startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\palmOne\Hotsync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: DataViz Inc Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\DataViz\DvzIncMsgr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\Media Card Companion\MCC Monitor.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {05CA9FB0-3E3E-4B36-BF41-0E3A5CAA8CD8} (Office Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=58813
O16 - DPF: {0B79F48A-E8D6-11DB-9283-E25056D89593} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.1) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/ka ... nicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {1EF9F042-C2EB-4293-8213-474CAEEF531D} (TmHcmsX Control) - http://www.trendsecure.com/framework/co ... mHcmsX.CAB
O16 - DPF: {56393399-041A-4650-94C7-13DFCB1F4665} (PSFormX Control) - http://www.ca.com/us/securityadvisor/pe ... stscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} - http://download.bitdefender.com/resourc ... oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6CCE3920-3183-4B3D-808A-B12EB769DE12} (CSS Web Installer Class) - http://www.commandondemand.com/eval/cod/cabs/cssweb.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www.ca.com/us/securityadvisor/vi ... ebscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v ... b56649.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINNT\system32\NavLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: nwprovau - C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\nwprovau.dll
O23 - Service: pcAnywhere Host Service (awhost32) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\awhost32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InCD File System Service (InCDsrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: OracleOraHome90ClientCache - Unknown owner - C:\oracle\ora90\BIN\ONRSD.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
ThisIsNotATest

Unread postby Katana » November 10th, 2007, 5:47 am

Not looking bad at all :)

OTMoveIt
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt.exe to run it.
  • Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy):

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\ISearchTechISTsvc2.zip
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\YazzleSudoku.zip
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SmitfraudFix.exe
    C:\VNCTEMP

• Return to OTMoveIt, right click on the "Paste List of Files/Folders to be moved" window and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • Close OTMoveIt
  • Copy and paste the contents of the results box as a reply to this topic

If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

Create A Batch File
Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the following text in the quote to Notepad.
Save it as "All Files" and name it look.bat Please save it on your desktop.

@echo off
cacls C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts > C:\results.txt
start notepad C:\results.txt
del /q look.bat

Double click on look.bat
Notepad will open, please post the contents here.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby ThisIsNotATest » November 10th, 2007, 8:36 am

Katana,

On the OTMoveIt, it was a success, however, I guess I was too excited when you said things were looking good and exited before I copied the results. :shock: However, I processed it again and the files indicate they are no longer found. I also, went to those locations and no longer see those files.

OTMoveIt:
File/Folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\ISearchTechISTsvc2.zip not found.
File/Folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\YazzleSudoku.zip not found.
File/Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SmitfraudFix not found.
File/Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SmitfraudFix.exe not found.
File/Folder C:\VNCTEMP not found.

Created on 11/10/2007 06:30:00

RESULTS.TXT:

C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
ThisIsNotATest

Unread postby Katana » November 10th, 2007, 8:53 am

That's fine :)

Now that host file.....

Make sure you have HostsXpert on your desktop, if you haven't then download it again.

Navigate to
C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc <<< this folder

Right click on the Hosts file and delete it.
You will get a warning, click yes/ok

Next open HostsXpert and run the program
it should tell you -- "there is no host file, would you like to create one"
click yes

exit the program and let me know how you got on :)
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby ThisIsNotATest » November 10th, 2007, 9:21 am

I was able to delete and recreate the host file and here are the contents of that file:

# Copyright © 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a "#" symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
#
127.0.0.1 localhost
ThisIsNotATest

Unread postby Katana » November 10th, 2007, 12:15 pm

Congratulations your logs look clean :D

Let’s see if I can help you keep it that way

First lets tidy up :D
Empty your Recycle bin

Open OTMoveIt Click Cleanup,
it will now connect to the internet and get a list of files to delete.
When a box pops up click YES.

You can delete any logs we have produced

Set correct settings for files that should be hidden
  • Click Start > My Computer > Tools menu (at top of page) > Folder Options > View tab.
  • Under "Hidden files and folders" if necessary select Do not show hidden files and folders.
  • If unchecked please checkHide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • If necessary check "Display content of system folders"
  • If necessary Uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
  • Click OK

Also PLEASE read this article

So How Did I Get Infected In The First Place

If you can see a program in the must have section that you have never seen or used then get it!

The last and most important thing I can tell you is UPDATE.
If you don't update your security programs (Antivirus, Antispyware even Windows) then you are at risk.
Malware changes on a day to day basis. You should update every week at the very least.

If you follow this advice then (with a bit of luck) you will never have to hear from me again :D

If you could post back one more time to let me know everything is OK, then I can have this thread archived.

Happy surfing K'
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Please review my HJT, one more time

Unread postby ThisIsNotATest » November 10th, 2007, 11:07 pm

Hello Katana,

I completed the recommendations. I was able to complete windows update and set it for automatic, successfully. It appears that everything is running ok. I have installed the following:

1. AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition (still have Symantec, but will process it manually when necessary in addition to the AVG)
2. Lavasoft Adware
3. Spyblaster
4. Zone Alarm Firewall

Could you give me another once over on my HJT to verify everything still is ok? Thanks in advance.

HJT:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:42:52 PM, on 11/10/2007
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ZONELABS\vsmon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\DataViz\DvzIncMsgr.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = 192.168.1.254
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :80
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: BellSouth Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8CBD-FD60BB9AAE2E} - C:\PROGRA~1\BLSTOO~1\BLSTOO~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1033,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\system32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: BellSouth Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8CBD-FD60BB9AAE2E} - C:\PROGRA~1\BLSTOO~1\BLSTOO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [blspcloader] "C:\Program Files\BellSouth Internet Tools\blsloader.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScreenPrint32] C:\Program Files\ScreenPrint32 v3\ScreenPrint32.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [PcSync] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog (User 'Default user')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [^SetupICWDesktop] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\icwconn1.exe /desktop (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\palmOne\Hotsync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: DataViz Inc Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\DataViz\DvzIncMsgr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\Media Card Companion\MCC Monitor.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\winnt\system32\nwprovau.dll
O16 - DPF: {05CA9FB0-3E3E-4B36-BF41-0E3A5CAA8CD8} (Office Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=58813
O16 - DPF: {0B79F48A-E8D6-11DB-9283-E25056D89593} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.1) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/ka ... nicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {1EF9F042-C2EB-4293-8213-474CAEEF531D} (TmHcmsX Control) - http://www.trendsecure.com/framework/co ... mHcmsX.CAB
O16 - DPF: {56393399-041A-4650-94C7-13DFCB1F4665} (PSFormX Control) - http://www.ca.com/us/securityadvisor/pe ... stscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} - http://download.bitdefender.com/resourc ... oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6CCE3920-3183-4B3D-808A-B12EB769DE12} (CSS Web Installer Class) - http://www.commandondemand.com/eval/cod/cabs/cssweb.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www.ca.com/us/securityadvisor/vi ... ebscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v ... b56649.cab
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: pcAnywhere Host Service (awhost32) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\awhost32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InCD File System Service (InCDsrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: OracleOraHome90ClientCache - Unknown owner - C:\oracle\ora90\BIN\ONRSD.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINNT\system32\ZONELABS\vsmon.exe

--
End of file - 7120 bytes
ThisIsNotATest

Unread postby Katana » November 11th, 2007, 6:24 am

Looks good :)

I would suggest that you try a manual update, go to this site using IE
http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

A great big - THANKS!!!!!

Unread postby ThisIsNotATest » November 11th, 2007, 10:32 am

All hail :wav: to Katana, the malware slayer!!! :MWRK:

I want to say thanks again for your :clock: and efforts in helping me. The talents of this awesome forum shows that all of you here on the team, not only enjoy what you do, but you love it! It always says a lot about a person's character when he/she is willing to help those in need. You all have a lot of heart and patience!

Thanks again for all that you continue to do! You all are definitely a group of :angel13:. Hopefully, I will never ever need your help again. No offense intended! :sign5: I think you can archive me now. Your the expert, therefore, I am confident that my problem is solved. :D :D :D My PC is now healed!!! :D :D :D You have enlightened me in trying to keep it that way. Hopefully, I want let you down!

:thumbup: Katana it was a pleasure! Keep up the good work!!!!!!

p.s. - windows updated!
ThisIsNotATest

Unread postby Katana » November 11th, 2007, 11:04 am

Glad to hear everything is OK :)

Thankyou for your kind words, a response like that is what makes this all worthwhile :D

Stay safe, and happy surfing

K'
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Re: My PC needs a healing

Unread postby Gary R » November 17th, 2007, 12:28 pm