Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Ebay phishing email

Notifications for Security Updates, as well as News and Information from across the web - mostly security minded.

Update Contributors: Members of the Malware Removal University.

Regular Members: Our Regular Members are invited to start and/or participate in all other topics. Join in and share the news that's important to you.

Ebay phishing email

Unread postby Durad » August 19th, 2005, 3:25 pm

Yesterday I received this email which says that I should confirm my Ebay in order to use it in future...

It point to some russian page that have same look as original Ebay and asking for VISA...

Update Your Account Information Within 24 Hours
Valued eBay Member, According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by completing the following form or else your account will be suspended within 24 hours for investigations.Never share your eBay password to anyone! Establish your proof of identity with ID Verify (free of charge) - an easy way to help others trust you as their trading partner. The process takes about 5 minutes to complete and involves updating your eBay information. When you're successfully verified, you will receive an ID Verify icon in your feedback profile. Currently, the service is only available to residents of the United States and U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Guam.) To update your eBay records To update your eBay records >> Click here << We appreciate your support and understanding, as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade.
Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Trust and Safety Department
eBay Inc.Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

Note : Ignoring this message will cause the Suspension of your account . To reactivate it you will have to pay a fee of 350 $ .Copyright 1995-2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

I already reported this to ebay!

Check pictures:

and

Durad
Durad
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Bertha » August 21st, 2005, 11:00 am

Thanks for letting us know Durad, I myself use Ebay and these scams are common around the Net

Bertha
Bertha
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » August 21st, 2005, 12:19 pm

I get those all the time. Phishing attempts regarding eBay, PayPal and banks I definately do not have accounts at.

Have 34 of them saved since I started getting them last month. :P
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Return to News Desk