Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Do Me A Favour

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Unread postby blackmirror » September 25th, 2007, 10:39 am

I havent but then there are 800 emails to wade through .. :shock:

wonder if im a multi millionire yet :D
blackmirror

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Gary R » September 25th, 2007, 11:04 am

teacup61 wrote:I'm very curious to know if anyone has gotten any reaction from this?

I got a reply from my MP within 24 hours, acknowledging receipt and a promise to follow up once he'd received a reply from Vernon Coaker MP at the Home Office, who appears to be connected to the matter in some way.

Maybe it would be politic for anyone who has Vernon Coaker as their MP to pay him special attention.

He's MP for Gedling (somewhere near Nottingham) and Under Secretary of State in the Home Office.

http://www.vernon-coaker-mp.co.uk/
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby AndyAtHull » September 25th, 2007, 4:46 pm

I got nothing which is suprising for my local MP as he is swift to respond. I'll shoot of a reminder soon.
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby Katana » September 25th, 2007, 5:06 pm

I sent mine a snail mail, no reply as yet.
But since he is not contactable by e-mail, I don't suppose he is interested :lol:
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Gary R » October 16th, 2007, 8:03 am

My MP sent me a copy of a letter he received from the Home Office, I got it today.

Doesn't say much, other than they've noted my interest, and that they are currently looking over the House of Lords recommendations and will respond to them shortly.

We are grateful for the Lord's contribution and hard work in this important area. We are looking at the findings very carefully and will respond to the Committee shortly.

We recognise the need for a balanced approach, working with industry to improve personal internet security while also seeking to raise public awareness, to improve people's ability to protect themselves.

We will announce when our response to the Committee is available.

Don't suppose we can expect much more at the moment, the wheels of Government (at least when they're not referring to MP's pay or pensions) have never been known to spin fast. ;)
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Nellie2 » October 16th, 2007, 4:45 pm

You got a better reply than me... My MP said that there were things going on in the 'background' but he was sure I would appreciate that he couldn't really talk about it for reasons of National Security etc.

Very James Bond!!!!
Nellie2
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Gary R » October 16th, 2007, 5:42 pm

Sounds like your MP has been watching too much "Spooks" on the telly.

I did get another letter from my MP, (the quote in my last post is from the reply from the Home Office).

Seems he'll let me know when there's a response to the House of Lord's findings. If he does I'll post back here.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Do Me A Favour

Unread postby Orac » November 14th, 2007, 8:31 am

Ive Just recieved a written, snail mail, reply from my MP, which includes a copy of his letter to Ian Pearson Minister of State (science and information), copied below

Dear Ian

Malware (Our Ref 2007/1318/jb)
Please find enclosed correspondence from my constituent ******* ******* regarding "malware" and the recent report by the House of Lord`s Science and Technology Committee. The contents of which are self explantory.

In your role as Science minister i would be grateful if you could give me your comments om this matter and update me on the Governments present position with regards to this report. Have you taken on board all the recommendations by the committee?

I look forward to receiving your response in due course.

With best wishes

Yours sincerely

Norman Lamb
Member of Parliment for North Norfolk

In the covering letter he informs me that he will send me a copy of Ian Pearson reply, will copy it here when(if) its recieved.
Orac
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby AndyAtHull » November 14th, 2007, 8:42 am

Depending on the reply or anyone elses for that matter, it may be worth us using it at MalwareComplaints.

I remember when I received a formal letter from my MP a year ago or so. It was placed at MWC.

http://www.malwarecomplaints.info/viewtopic.php?t=1325

If we can list any replies, this may help our cause. Aslong as permission is given by you and your details have been wiped away for security reasons.
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby Orac » November 14th, 2007, 10:24 am

Andy please feel free to use anything you want at MWC (incidently iam a member at MWC) i cant scan the letter being scanner-less :lol:

Orac
Orac
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Alander » November 15th, 2007, 5:11 am

I will send this to Parliament Secretariat of singapore
Alander

Unread postby Alander » November 15th, 2007, 5:27 am

As Singapore is a tiny country, with not alot of MPs like UK, I wonder if this email would be ok to send to the Parliament Secretariat
Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to bring to your attention a matter that is of importance to me, and to which I hope that the government of the Republic of Singapore will give its support.

I am a member of http://www.MalwareRemoval.com (Malware Removal University), a site where volunteers train to remove Malware (Malicious Software) from the computers of people who have been unlucky enough to be infected with it.

I've recently been made aware of a report by The Science and Technology Committee of the House of Lords,

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... /16502.htm

and this blog by a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Nellie2
http://malwareremoval.com/wp/security/1 ... -of-lords/

and it is this report I would like to bring to your attention.

The Committee makes a number of important recommendations regarding Internet security, which if implemented would greatly help in the policing of Cyber Crime and the eradication of Malware from the day to day experience of innocent computer users.

I hope the government of the Republic of Singapore can lend these recommendations the support, and help in whatever way the government can to ensure they become law as rapidly as possible.

Yours faithfully

Allan Chong
Alander (Malware Removal University)
Alander

Unread postby Nellie2 » November 15th, 2007, 6:43 am

A response was published on 25th October, although it hasn't yet been debated as far as I'm aware.

http://www.parliament.uk/parliamentary_ ... ternet.cfm

Here are a few more blog posts from me

http://malwareremoval.com/wp/index.php?s=house+of+lords

Thanks for the support.
Nellie2
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby AndyAtHull » November 15th, 2007, 7:29 am

As I am an admin at MWC, if anyone receives a letter and cannot scan. I am willing to receive it via snail mail and scan then return. This applies to UK residents only.

All details will be dealt with by me only! It's something to use if required.

I'm not sure if Post Offices actually have scanners so you can have a digital format.

Anyway, if this is something you want to do, then send me a PM for details.

It's not a requirement!
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby Gary R » November 15th, 2007, 12:47 pm

Sorry Andy missed your last post here.

I shredded the letter from my MP a few days ago, as it had nothing of real consequence I felt it was just cluttering up my mantelpiece. Never occurred to me that it could be used at MWC.

I'll scan and send you any future replies I get, any particular format you want the image in (jpg, bmp)?
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions