Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

e-mail notification about reply to posts in which links

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

e-mail notification about reply to posts in which links

Unread postby mak_20789 » September 16th, 2007, 1:02 pm

Hi all,
I am using malware removal forum to get some help about my laptop and am thankful to those helping me.
Today I received an e-mail saying there have been replies posted to my question since my last visit. A link was given below that. When I clicked on those link I got a page in malwareRemoval saying that this post doesnt exist. Is this just an error?
Thank you.
mak_20789

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby curlylad » September 21st, 2007, 4:47 pm

Hello and welcome to The Malware Removal Forums.

My name is curlylad and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

I have to carefully formulate any fixes before I post them so please be patient.

I will be giving you a series of instructions that need to be followed in the order in which I give them to you.

If for any reason you do not understand an instruction or are just unsure then please do not guess , simply post back with your query and we will go through it again.

Please do not start another thread or topic, I will assist you at this thread until we solve your problems.

Lastly the fix may take several attempts and my replies may take some time but I will stick with it if you do the same.

From now on please just reply to this post.

The first thing I need you to do is:-

Download and Run HijackThis
Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.

• Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.

Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

I will review the log and provide further necessary steps as soon as possible.
curlylad
Retired Graduate

Unread postby curlylad » September 21st, 2007, 5:05 pm

mak_20789

You are already being helped at this thread - http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtop ... ht=#218993

Please reply to that thread only, this thread will be archived.
curlylad
Retired Graduate

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!