Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

I can't get rid of 'AV System Care' and its pop-ups

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

I can't get rid of 'AV System Care' and its pop-ups

Unread postby rukar » August 31st, 2007, 5:16 pm

Dear friends

I have a Toshiba A100 Series laptop with the Windows XP Media Centre Edition operating system. I also have VirusScan anti-virus software running on the computer.

Initially, I started getting pop-ups for strange advertisements, and then shortly thereafter a "WARNING" sign came up that said that my computer might be "at risk." It then asked if I wanted to run AVSystemCare software to detect problems. I clicked on Cancel, but it then supposedly run some type of virus scan, which said I have numerous problems.

One of the specific pop-ups says: "NOTICE: if your computer is infected, you could suffer data loss, erratic PC behavior, PC freezes and crashes. Detect and remove viruses before they activate themselves on your PC to prevent all these problems. Do you want to install AVSystemCare to scan your PC for malware now? (Recommended)"

Since then the above message comes up every time I use Internet Explorer and I keep getting pop-ups all the time until eventually Internet Explorer crashes. In addition, I've had to uninstall E-mule from my computer because it kept crashing as well.

What can I do to get rid of this thing?

Thank you for your help.

Rukar.
rukar

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby agrarianmonk » September 2nd, 2007, 12:50 pm

0 reply bump.
agrarianmonk
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!