Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Tried do download Spyware Blaster, laptop crashed instead...

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Tried do download Spyware Blaster, laptop crashed instead...

Unread postby falcon23 » August 1st, 2005, 3:12 pm

Don't have a clue what happened. I was on the net and using Ad-Aware to get rid of some worms or whatever and decided I might as well download Spyware Blaster since it was suggested by people here. I even used the link from the post from one of the experts here. So I go the link and chose the *primary location* link. But instead all I got was a frozen screen and the seconds later a crash and now my pc doesn't recognize my hard drive at all. What happened? I have downloaded Spybot and Ad-Aware already and even the free Panda Scan. Now I have to figure out how to get a hold of somes boot cd with drivers so I can reboot my computer cuz now its just dead in the water right now. This is just weird. Thanks for any help you might have.
falcon23

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » August 3rd, 2005, 4:09 am

Hmmm.

SpywareBlaster would not cause that.

I can only assume you have some malware on your machine that have cause the problem.

If you are able to get back up and running could you let us have a HJT log to check.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Problem with downloading Spyware Blaster.......

Unread postby falcon23 » August 3rd, 2005, 1:00 pm

Well, thats what I thought too. The thing is I thought I had gotten rid of any malware or worms long ago when I had a Trojan smitfraud.c on laptop. I used the system restore in safe mode and everything seemed fine I even scanned with the McAfee program that came with XP on my computer and found nothing. I even disbled and then enabled system restore to make sure there wasn't anything hiding in a restore point. I also downloaded Panda scan and I also have Spybot as well. Deleted anything that came up and figured I was fine. Then I downloaded Xoftspy. Someone mentioned on another board , ( I think the afterdawn forums) that Xoftspy was the only good program for getting rid of the trojan smitfraud.c maleware and so I got it and it found some stuff but I couldn't get rid of it until I bought a $40 license to for the full version of it. Not wanting to spend the money at the time decided to download Ad-Aware and it found some stuff as well. So I deleted the stuff it found there as well. After that I decided to go get the Spyware Blaster. After clicking the link my screen just froze and got a blue screen with error and near the end of it mentioning some like dumping physical memory and so I had power off and restart, but could not completly boot up because the sytem settings said I had no hard drive. So I need to get a boot cd and drivers so I get my pc back. Man getting rid of these worms and crap is unbelievably hard and stressful.
falcon23

Unread postby ChrisRLG » August 3rd, 2005, 3:47 pm

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_ant ... m#xos_note

Xoftspy is not something I would have used.

As Spyware Warrior said, they are no longer on the rogue list, but is much better programs than that.

Without a bootable machine I do not know what else to advise.

An over the top install of the operating system is a possible tempary way to get to your data. That would involve doing an install without formating the drive. I say temp because those type of installs often leave the machine in a bad state, but maybe just good enough to let you copy all your data off.

Another way is to add your drive as a second drive to another system and use that to copy your data.

Let me know how you get on.

For support with these issues the forum at castlecop or PC Pitstop might be the best place. They can be found from the ASAP list at the top of the forum.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » August 14th, 2005, 4:32 am

Glad we could be of assistance.