Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Can You Look At My Hijackthis Log?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby demento613 » April 17th, 2007, 7:32 pm

John B. wrote:This is my normal post for when you are clear - which you now are - or seem to be.
Please advise of any problems you still have. If you think you're clean please give one more reply so that I can archive this topic.

Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
  • Disable and Enable System Restore. - If you are using Windows ME or XP then you should disable and re-enable system restore to make sure there are no infected files found in a restore point.
    Turn off System Restore.
    On the Desktop, right-click My Computer
    Click Properties
    Click the System Restore tab
    Check Turn off System Restore
    Click Apply, and then click OK

Reboot.

Turn on System Restore.
    On the Desktop, right-click My Computer
    Click Properties
    Click the System Restore tab
    Uncheck Turn off System Restore
    Click Apply, and then click OK
    NOTE: only do this ONCE, NOT on a regular basis!
  • Re hide your system files. To do so, please follow the steps below:
    • Double-click My Computer.
    • Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
    • Click the View tab.
    • Put a check by "Hide file extensions for known file types."
    • Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Do not show hidden files and folders."
    • Check "Hide protected operating system files."
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
  • Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
    • From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
    • Click once on the Security tab
    • Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
    • Click once on the Custom Level button.
      • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
      • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
      • Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
      • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
      • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
      • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
      • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
      • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
    • Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
  • Update your Anti Virus Software - It is imperitive that you update your Anti virus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your anti virus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.
  • Visit Microsoft's Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://update.microsoft.com/ regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.
Stand Up and Be Counted!
Please take the time to tell us what you would like to be done about the people who are behind all the problems you have had. We can only get something done about this if the people that we help, like you, are prepared to complain. We have a dedicated forum for collecting these complaints Malware Complaints, you have to be registered to post after registering just find your country room and register your complaint.
The infections you had were Errorsafe, SDBot (can go to unlist infections topic) and Vundo.

>> Here << you can see how you can help us.

May your God go with you..

John.

So I finished all these steps, and I have to say this site and especially you helped me fix my computer. You took great time and effort to work with me step by step and you made sure everything was okay. You made things simple and easy and I only wish I had someone like you to regularly monitor my computer's health. Thank you for all your time and effort.
demento613

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby demento613 » April 17th, 2007, 7:40 pm

John B. wrote:Hi,

Can you please tell me exactly when and what it's saying.

Also, lets search for some iSearch related files. Please browse to the following files using Explorer and see if they're present:
C:\Windows\System32\toolbar.dll
C:\Windows\isrvs\ffisearch.exe

Please tell me when and what your spam blocker is saying and if the files are present.

Greets, John.

When I search for C:\Windows\System32\toolbar.dll and C:\Windows\isrvs\ffisearch.exe, it says it refers to a location that is unavailable. I have yet to get my spam blocker or pop up blocker to come up with the ISearchToolBar, but it will eventually.
demento613

Unread postby demento613 » April 17th, 2007, 9:13 pm

My Spyware Protection says: "We have found and blocked ISearch toolbar. To view details, select View Blocked Items."

When I do choose that option more or less that program freezes.
demento613

Unread postby John B. » April 18th, 2007, 1:19 pm

Hi,

demento613 wrote:
John B. wrote:Hi,

Can you please tell me exactly when and what it's saying.

Also, lets search for some iSearch related files. Please browse to the following files using Explorer and see if they're present:
C:\Windows\System32\toolbar.dll
C:\Windows\isrvs\ffisearch.exe

Please tell me when and what your spam blocker is saying and if the files are present.

Greets, John.

When I search for C:\Windows\System32\toolbar.dll and C:\Windows\isrvs\ffisearch.exe, it says it refers to a location that is unavailable. I have yet to get my spam blocker or pop up blocker to come up with the ISearchToolBar, but it will eventually.

I don't really understand what you mean. Are the files there or not?

Greets, John.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby demento613 » April 19th, 2007, 1:34 pm

All it says is when I do the search "refers to a location that is unavailable."
demento613

Unread postby John B. » April 20th, 2007, 8:31 am

You shouldn't search for it, you should browse there by going to My Computer, etc.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby demento613 » April 22nd, 2007, 12:35 pm

Okay so I will manually look for the file. Also my myspace account is being phised daily now it seems, can you help me out with that?
demento613

Unread postby John B. » April 24th, 2007, 3:04 pm

Did you find the files? I can't help you with myspace, you'll have to contact them.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby demento613 » April 24th, 2007, 6:38 pm

All I found that was close enough to the C:\Windows\System32\toolbar.dll was a file named toolhelp.dll. As for C:\Windows\isrvs\ffisearch.exe, I did not even find a folder named isrvs.
demento613

Unread postby John B. » April 25th, 2007, 2:06 pm

Hi,

iSearch doesn't seem to be present on your computer, so I think it's best if you contact the company of your protection.

Please tell me when I can close this topic!

Greets, John.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby demento613 » April 25th, 2007, 2:14 pm

Yeah it just randomly pops up from time to time when my blocker says its been blocked. It's no big hassle really. Should I do one more HiJackThisLog?
demento613

Unread postby John B. » April 25th, 2007, 3:02 pm

No, you don't have to post another HJT log, I've seen hundreds now and the last 50 are all clean ;) I'm sure there's nothing new, those programs are just made to pop up and alert you and if you want to know what it means you should e-mail (or some kind of other contact) the company/producers.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby demento613 » April 25th, 2007, 6:42 pm

Thanks a lot man, as I said earlier I don't know what else to say and how else to thank you. I will run my scans weekly as usual and if anything strange comes up I will let you guys know and I hope you don't mind but I will specifically ask for you. You've been a great help and represent this site well. I will miss the daily replies to my topics, despite not being such a good topic, it will be a hard habit to kick,lol. I hope this site stays up and running and more people spread the word. Good luck on your future endeavors,
Joe
demento613

Unread postby random/random » April 26th, 2007, 12:27 pm

Glad we could be of assistance.