Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

AVG program removal problems; a question

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

AVG program removal problems; a question

Unread postby P;3 » March 27th, 2007, 6:19 am

someone has the AVG program apparently installed on their comp (presumably the up to date version)and it refuses to be uninstalled for whatever reason

they recently did some maintenance on the comp ; the avg program will not load properly and nor will it allow itself to be uninstalled; they are now concerned about safe surfing etc

it had occurred to me , if they got as far as posting a log on here, could that method be used to remove the program ?to remove it via the log entries for it? it apparently will not allow itself to be removed by add/remove programs so this somewhat different and maybe drastic method did occur to me; is it a viable option or not?

please

thanks

P3 :(

has also occurred to me whether their comp has some nasty on it that the avg is 'protecting' it from and therefore will not allow itself to BE uninstalled?

'I cannot run this program having upgraded so a system restore was done. Now I find it still wont run.
So I attempted an uninstall but get this error message....
Local machine: installation failed
Initialization:
Error: Checking of state of the item file link_All_Users_AVGHelp_FR failed.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (32)

Now I cant repair or run AVG any ideas guys?'

'tried using safemode but the same error came up.
Tried restoring again to 3 weeks ago same error came up.'

Also did sys restore to two months ago same error which on start up says
"could not initialise AVG anti virus kernel interface appication cannot run"
Also there appears to be a languafe file missing when re-installation attempted

is what has been said

IS the log method viable or'barking up the wrong tree'?

please
P;3

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » March 27th, 2007, 7:57 am

normally in such a case you would 'reinstall' then uninstall - which should remove any problems.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby P;3 » March 27th, 2007, 8:53 am

ChrisRLG wrote:normally in such a case you would 'reinstall' then uninstall - which should remove any problems.

do I read that right? you are suggesting they reinstall it then uninstall it?

does that not mean they have to then reinstall it afresh as the uninstall shoudl remove it?
P;3

Unread postby P;3 » March 28th, 2007, 4:29 pm

dare I ask; if all else fails IS it feasable for someone to remove the program via the lines in a log?
P;3

Unread postby ChrisRLG » March 28th, 2007, 6:08 pm

HJT does NOT see everything.

To remove a legit program properly - use its uninstaller.

So yes, I did mean that they install the program again - then use the uninstaller to remove properly.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Gary R » March 29th, 2007, 4:56 am

The reason it won't uninstall properly is that the uninstall program has been damaged somehow, by re-installing you will repair the programme, therefore you should now be able to uninstall properly.

Doesn't always work, but it's usually the solution with this kind of problem.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions