Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

IE popping up ads and a new browser all the time.

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby Ges » March 11th, 2007, 9:52 am

Hello Shaba,
I run regedit and can see the files you asked me to. Unfortunately, when I try to delete them I get errors.
The first is when I try to RIGHT click on one of them - I get ( for example );
'Cannot open DLMaxDll.DLMax.Dll.Obj; Error while opening Key.

Then when I right click again and select 'delete' I get;
'Cannot delete DLMaxDll.DLMax.Dll.Obj; Error while deleting Key.

Am I missing something out?
Yes I do have the registry backup on my desktop displaying how you said it should.

Thank you,
Ges. :?:
Ges

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Shaba » March 11th, 2007, 10:05 am

Hi

Highlight HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in regedit

Then go to Edit -> Permissions

Checkmark in Full Control Allow and try again, please :)
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Ges » March 11th, 2007, 5:22 pm

Good evening Shaba,
Well that took a bit of doing because I had to change permissions etc but eventually sorted it out and followed your instructions again. I deleted the things you said.
The results of the Registry Scan are;

---------------------------------------------------------
AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 21:13:45 11/03/2007

+ Scan result:

Nothing found.

::Report end

Hoorah!!
TheHijackthis.log;

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 21:07:18, on 11/03/2007
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\Apache.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\bin\mysqld-nt.exe
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\Apache.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WgaTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.yahoo.com/search/ie.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\Userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O8 - Extra context menu item: &NeoTrace It! - C:\PROGRA~1\NEOTRA~1\NTXcontext.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O12 - Plugin for .mov: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 9452853420
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Apache - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\Apache.exe" --ntservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: MySQL - Unknown owner - C:\Program.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE

The PC feels like a new machine thanks to you. Is this usually what happens? I'm sure it is!

Thank you.

Ges Scott.
Ges

Unread postby Shaba » March 12th, 2007, 3:12 am

Hi

Yes, it looks good :)

However, let's run one online scan to be sure that you're clean:

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner. You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.

• The program will launch and then start to download the latest definition files.
  • Once the scanner is installed and the definitions downloaded, click Next.
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make sure that the following are selected:

o Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:

+ Extended (If available otherwise Standard)

o Scan Options:

+ Scan Archives
    + Scan Mail Bases

• Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan select My Computer
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run. Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
  • Now click on the Save as Text button
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

- a fresh HijackThis log
- kaspersky report
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Ges » March 14th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Goog evening Shaba,
Please let me apologise for the delay in returning a reply. This is because of my work commitments.
I have downloaded Kaspersky ActiveX as instructed and am about to run the scan. As you say, this will take some time so I will post the results ( along with the new Hijackthis.log ), later tonight. I see your are in beautiful Finland and therefore appx 1 hour in front of me.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for all your untiring/patience and help with my problems ( that do not exist anymore! ), and also let you know that the PC is running as fast and smoothly as the day I bought it. Fantastic.
I have learned so much from you and will be looking at MWR University with a view to learning more and maybe someday I too might be able to offer help to others.

Once again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart,

Yours,

Ges Scott.
Ges

Unread postby Shaba » March 15th, 2007, 5:12 am

Hi

That's glad to hear :)

Post kaspersky results along with a fresh HijackThis log when ready, no hurry :)
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby markkhunt » March 25th, 2007, 2:12 pm

Whilst we appreciate that you may be busy, it has been 14 days or more since we heard from you.

Infections can change and fresh instructions will now need to be given. This topic is now closed, if you still require assistance then please start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum

If you wish this topic reopened, please send us an email to 'admin at malwareremoval.com' with a link to your thread.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid,
working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used.
If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
markkhunt
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous