Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

SpyDawn

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

SpyDawn

Unread postby PleezHelp » March 7th, 2007, 6:51 am

I've tried everything I know how to do to get this off my computer but its still there, that flashing question mark is still in my systems tray, I'm not very knowledgable about these kindz of things so I definitly need help please somebody tell me step by step in simple english how to remove this SpyDawn??? I would really appreciate it
PleezHelp

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Vino Rosso » March 7th, 2007, 10:08 am

Hi and welcome to the Malware Removal forums.
My name is Vino Rosso - if it helps, you can call me Vino for short. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.

HijackThis logs can take a little time to research so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • I will working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Finally, please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
1 - Install HijackThis
Download a copy of HJTsetup.exe from >here< and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click HJTsetup.exe to begin installation.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box, check the box to the left of "Launch Hijackthis" and then click Finish
  • When HijackThis has started, click on Do a system scan and save a log file
  • When Notepad opens, click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is NOT ticked. If it is then click on it to UNtick it.
  • Click Edit > Select All then Edit > Copy
  • Paste (Ctrl+V) the content with your next reply.
Do not try to fix anything yet! HijackThis shows lots of good files as well as bad.
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Vino Rosso » March 12th, 2007, 2:10 pm

Hi

Are you still looking for help?
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby markkhunt » March 19th, 2007, 12:24 pm

Whilst we appreciate that you may be busy, it has been 10 days or more since we heard from you.

Infections can change and fresh instructions will now need to be given. This topic is now closed, if you still require assistance then please start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum

If you wish this topic reopened, please send us an email to 'admin at malwareremoval.com' with a link to your thread.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid,
working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used.
If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
markkhunt
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!