Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

REMOVING INTERNET EXPLORER 7

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

REMOVING INTERNET EXPLORER 7

Unread postby Sethland » February 20th, 2007, 4:20 am

I just purchased a brand new HP dv6000 laptop from Best Buy yesterday. It came with Windows Vista Home Premium os and Internet Explorer 7. I do not like IE 7 at all because it slows my system down a lot and I would like to uninstall/remove it permanently from my laptop. However, the "Add/Remove Program" feature does not list IE7 as one of the programs. I visited the Microsoft website and it's stating that users are not able to remove IE 7 anymore in the Vista version os.

Is there any removal tool that I can download? Please help. :(
Sethland

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby beynac » February 20th, 2007, 5:29 am

Hi Sethland.

You cannot remove Internet Explorer 7. It is an integral part of the Vista Operating System. There are a couple of things that you can try to speed things up. Microsoft have issued a patch to speed up the Phishing Filter. Alternatively, you could disable this feature: open IE7 and click on Tools => Phishing Filter => Turn Off Automatic Website Checking.

If you really dislike IE7, I suggest that you use another browser. Firefox and Opera are both very good. You would still need to use IE7 for your Windows Updates, but it should not cause any slowdowns or problems if it's not being used.
beynac
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby Sethland » February 20th, 2007, 1:02 pm

Okay, thanks so much!!!!
Sethland

Unread postby beynac » February 20th, 2007, 1:23 pm

You're welcome! :)
beynac
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions