Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Adware.NaviPromo reported by ewido but no other, please help

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby alkan » December 22nd, 2006, 8:09 am

ntbtlog.txt

Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\kmixer.sys

ive got the same result as before
alkan

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby askey127 » December 22nd, 2006, 8:41 am

alkan,
Reset msconfig to uncheck /BOOTLOG, and select Normal boot on the General tab.
Then Reboot the machine into Safe Mode per previous instructions, and run the AVG-AntiSpyware(Ewido) scan.
When the scan is complete, be sure to select Apply All Actions before choosing Save Report.

askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby alkan » December 23rd, 2006, 4:11 am

have managed to check disc for errors, check took seconds , nothing found.
when i go into safe mode the monitor is at 640 x 800 which makes the programmes much larger than screen and i cant access all the buttons nor can i drag the programme to allow access. nor can i alter the setting in safe mode. it didnt use to be so, before the hard disc destroyed itself and i had to install new disc and windows xp home etc. safe mode had manageable settings. any ideas to alter the settings for safe mode.
alkan

Unread postby alkan » December 23rd, 2006, 5:08 am

further to my last post.
the resolution settings in safe mode should have read 640 x 480.

i have managed to do a full scan with "ewido" in safe mode, it found nothing. i am now completely mystified.
alkan

Unread postby askey127 » December 23rd, 2006, 7:26 am

alkan
I'm surprised that 640x480 is the default. It's usually 600x800 nowadays.
You need to pack all the icons into the upper left of the normal screen before you reduce the resolution.
You can check the settings and appearance yourself like this: Start, Control Panel double click Display, choose Settings tab and move the Screen Resolution slider all the way to the Left, and click OK.
The screen, after going blank, will go to the default resolution and you can check the position of the icons you will see in Safe Mode.

Next time you run Ewido/AVG AntiSpyware, I want to see the log file per the earlier instruction. A comment that it was "OK" is insufficient for me.
Please open the log in Notepad, hit Ctrl-A and then Ctrl-C, and paste it into a reply.
askey
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby alkan » December 23rd, 2006, 2:24 pm

---------------------------------------------------------
AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 18:15:04 23/12/2006

+ Scan result:

Nothing found.

::Report end

the above is the result of the last scan in safe mode. the previous 3 all showed the same, thats why i am mystified.
alkan

Unread postby askey127 » December 23rd, 2006, 3:12 pm

alkan,
I don't think you have any malware on your system. There is just no sign of any....and you have so many protections, infections are a bit unlikely.
I can't be sure about the PC hardware, however, or every one of your system files.

My best suggestion, if you are still having trouble, is to ask in a hardware forum.
Good Hardware Help Forums
VirtualDr here: http://discussions.virtualdr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48
or
PCPitStop here : http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=3

Both require you to register free before posting.
----------------------------------------------
If you want to check your RAM integrity before looking further, you can download an iso type file to create a bootable CD from here. It includes instructions with it.
http://www.memtest86.com/#download0

askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby alkan » December 23rd, 2006, 6:15 pm

i thank you for all of your time spent in helping me. i must agree with you as ewido has not reported the malware after the last 4 scans. i thank you again, if its any consolation, i have learnt a lot.
alkan

Unread postby askey127 » December 23rd, 2006, 7:01 pm

Glad we could be of assistance.