Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Email Banned?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Email Banned?

Unread postby Koc » August 12th, 2006, 3:30 am

I wanted to change my email but it says it is banned.. I dont get it :shock:
Koc

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » August 12th, 2006, 4:31 am

Is it a gmail or AOL one by chance?
Nick-YF19
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Koc » August 12th, 2006, 4:45 am

its gmail
Koc

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » August 12th, 2006, 7:15 am

Chris doesn't like the privacy regarding Gmail. See this topic about Gmail and other email issues.

http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtop ... ight=gmail
Nick-YF19
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Koc » August 12th, 2006, 7:22 am

Oh Okay..

I understand now.. I am going to change my mail
Koc

Unread postby MMJ » December 6th, 2006, 12:55 pm

Nick-YF19 wrote:Chris doesn't like the privacy regarding Gmail. See this topic about Gmail and other email issues.

http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtop ... ight=gmail

I understand that but what is there to hide?
MMJ

Unread postby ChrisRLG » December 6th, 2006, 1:16 pm

When you signed up for gmail - you agreed to let them keep 'forever' your emails - both sent and received. You also agreed that they would have the use of that data for any purpose.

I did not agree to gmail keeping my emails 'forever' when I send them to a gmail account - so I have not been able to tell gmail that MY emails should not be kept.

Sure the person to whom they have been sent could keep them 'forever', but not a third party company who may in the future make use of that data for a purpose I do not agree with.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby P;3 » December 7th, 2006, 5:40 pm

on this G mail issue; do we know if, if one"s OE or outlook program is set to "delete messages from server", or even using mailwasher to do so; do we know if that actually DOES really delete mails from server, or do they really get "hidden " by the g mail setup; as Chrisl RLG says , they get you to agree to let them keep your mails "ad infenitum" and seem to pride themselves on a huge storage space;

however, those mails are YOURS, and if they are on your pc, why should G mail have unlimited access to them on the server; think of what an unscrupulous person could do with the information seemingly stored on server

(I had a g mail address; it is no longer used and , from the comments on this forum I will not be using it)

it is quite alarming to think of what might BE stored on the server..let alone what it might be possibly "used for" :?
P;3

Unread postby Angoid » December 8th, 2006, 4:20 am

I set up a Gmail account some time ago because I had a friend who wanted to talk with me using Google Talk. Only 2 or 3 people know that Gmail address, and they are computer-savvy people who would never let a virus run rampant on their systems or give the address out.

I also used it for a certain forum registration (not one anybody here will know about) where I wanted to retain a degree of anonymity. However, I recently changed it to my usual one as I'm not anonymous there anymore and wanted to bring all my forums into line.

Now that gmail account gets blasted with some 20 to 30 spams per day .... I only check the account there every so often (about 2 or 3 times a month) just in case something has been sent there.

But do Gmail keep all those junk emails and use those to build their "profile" on you? I mean, I'm talking about the really nasty stuff: stuff from randomly-generated email addresses pushing the usual drugs and things to make certain body parts bigger and all the rest of the junk :(

But given that virtually nobody knows the address, where has all that suddenly come from?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! The spammers must be taking random guesses and if they get one that's valid they'll know because their mail won't bounce. I think their tricks are getting more and more sophisticated all the time, though.
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Unread postby P;3 » December 8th, 2006, 10:36 am

Angoid wrote:I set up a Gmail account some time ago because I had a friend who wanted to talk with me using Google Talk. Only 2 or 3 people know that Gmail address, and they are computer-savvy people who would never let a virus run rampant on their systems or give the address out.

I also used it for a certain forum registration (not one anybody here will know about) where I wanted to retain a degree of anonymity. However, I recently changed it to my usual one as I'm not anonymous there anymore and wanted to bring all my forums into line.

Now that gmail account gets blasted with some 20 to 30 spams per day .... I only check the account there every so often (about 2 or 3 times a month) just in case something has been sent there.

But do Gmail keep all those junk emails and use those to build their "profile" on you? I mean, I'm talking about the really nasty stuff: stuff from randomly-generated email addresses pushing the usual drugs and things to make certain body parts bigger and all the rest of the junk :(

But given that virtually nobody knows the address,

YOU HOPE
"quote" where has all that suddenly come from?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! The spammers must be taking random guesses and if they get one that's valid they'll know because their mail won't bounce. I think their tricks are getting more and more sophisticated all the time, though.

reading this I do wonder , just how trustworthy those who work for the company are

with one of my other addresses that I had intense problems with , I had via the phone to get the technician to open my mails on server and tell me what they were seeing that I was not; SO; if they(or presumably any company) can do that on the server, .....

but WHY KEEP the mails on the server? OK a large storage space if you suddenly get an influx of messages, then YES you need an adequate storage space..agreed. , but only until the mails are off server;

of interest, I presume that mails can BE downloaded from g mail into an OE program or similar?

also;

g mail is a part of the google network, and THAT searches for all SORTS of info all over the place

you see the ( are they called bots?) search engines sitting at the bottom of several forum to catch what is going on and feed it back

so does one dare ask if those "bots" have acccess to the servers with the mails on them?

the thought OF that idea happening makes ME shudder

how do we know it DOESNT? :cry:
P;3

Unread postby Angoid » December 18th, 2006, 6:31 am

Well, I say only 2 or 3 people (that I know) ... of course the admins at Unity (that forum) could have seen it but I highly doubt they would abuse it or let a virus run rampant; I know from the odd technical discussion I've had with them that they are security-conscious.

But the interesting thing is that ALL the spam at that Gmail account is correctly identified as such .... usually, automatic spam filters get it wrong from time to time by misidentifying something good as spam or vice-versa.

But I've noticed that a LOT of spam these days just seem to be random text and a random subject line .... as if parts of sentences have been lifed from a novel or something. I glean this from the odd View Source I do from time to time (so I don't actually open the crud) .... sometimes there is an embedded image (which I won't download), and it could be that your email address is passed back on the querystring so they know you've opened it and thus know your address is worthwhile spamming again.
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions