Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

karma10 posting Hijack this log per nino russo instructions

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby random/random » November 21st, 2006, 1:51 pm

Go to start>run

Copy and paste this in

notepad.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts"

Click OK

Post the contents of the notepad window that should come up.
random/random
Developer
Developer

Advertisement
Register to Remove

this is what I get every time!

Unread postby karma10 » November 22nd, 2006, 1:40 am

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
karma10

Unread postby random/random » November 22nd, 2006, 3:36 pm

What internet service provider do you use?
random/random
Developer
Developer

My internet svc is Ntelos

Unread postby karma10 » November 23rd, 2006, 1:03 am

Only 3 mo. ago I could run any online av program. Now I can not run any
online av. In the past week I have tried to run Panda, Kapersky, Trend-Micro & Bit Defender w/o success. Trend-Micro hangs. When I click on the others there is an ERROR on Page & nothing happens. I have tried to use them several times. I know that AVG is just taking up space b/c when I was able to run Bit Def about a mo. ago it found 4 or 5 trojans that required extra work to remove because they could not be removed/cleaned by bit def. But, before I could read the info on what to do the program hung indefinitely. Then Closed. If there is nothing in my sys this is really strange.
karma10

Unread postby random/random » November 23rd, 2006, 1:39 pm

After consultation with others I think this is probably a Remote access trojan buried by a rootkit, the suggested actions are listed below:

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and Download and Execute files

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.
Since it is yet to be identified it may be impossible to kill and because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

However, if you do not have the resources to reinstall your computer and would like me to attempt to clean it, I will be happy to do so.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Please let us know what you have decided to do in your next post.
random/random
Developer
Developer

Unread postby NonSuch » December 24th, 2006, 5:06 am