Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Handy tool

Please leave any suggestions and requests here - NO HIJACKTHIS LOGS

Handy tool

Unread postby rharwood » November 14th, 2006, 3:49 pm

I do not know if you have checked this out yet but it is a handy tool to have: Trinity rescue kit
it is a linux based tool that enables you to delete files on a windows box without the operating system running. No more having files locked by the operating system. This tool might be a good addtion to the great tools you are currently using. This one feature has been extremely helpfull to me, but is only one of the many things that can be done with the Kit.
rharwood

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Spildit » November 15th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Add to that BartPE, UBCD (Ultimate Boot CD), EBCD (Emergency boot cd), UBCD for windows, INSERT linux, F.I.R.E., Backtrack and freedos.
Spildit

full read write

Unread postby rharwood » November 15th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Spildit when did backtrack release with full read /write on ntfs???Maybe I missed that one, most of the ones you listed have full read and some limited write but Trinity was the first one I found with full read/write access
I just tried a virus scan on a XP box with back/track and it would only give me r/o access. have not tried freedos yet thanks for suggestion.
rharwood

Unread postby Spildit » November 15th, 2006, 8:39 pm

it is a linux based tool that enables you to delete files on a windows box without the operating system running

Oh.. i guess you wanted to say "...it is a linux based tool that enables you to delete files on a NTFSwindows box without the operating system running ..."

Freedos will not read NTFS by itself. You will need a tool for doing that under dos.

Windows XP can run under FAT32.
Spildit

Unread postby rharwood » November 15th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Yes you are correct , I can see where the mistake on my part was, windows box is a vague term could mean anything from the orginal windows to a XP machine formated with Fat32. NTFS was a problem untill trinity came along. Trinity I believe is using a new access method that does not rely on the windows dll's. When you use it ,it will ,if connected to the internet, automatically down load the latest virus defs then scan all the drives it can find.
rharwood

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Suggestions and Requests