Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Christmas is Coming

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Christmas is Coming

Unread postby Nellie2 » November 13th, 2006, 4:54 pm

It's getting near to that time of year again, no doubt you will know of family members or friends who will be treating themselves or their children to a nice new bit of kit or an online connection.

As the person in their lives who knows a bit about computers, I expect that you will be asked to help set it up and you will be asked for a little expert advice, which will go in one ear and out of the other because they just can't wait to get started!! :rolleyes:

May I suggest that you leave them with a few sites to visit... perhaps even make a HTML file with some handy links and leave it on their desktop. Here are a few suggestions for you.

Get Safe Online: A site sponsored by the UK Government and leading businesses to help you protect yourself against internet threats. And excellent site and well worth spending some time browsing around it. My only gripe is that they don't really have a comprehensive list of freely available software but I have a few listed on my Favourites page.

Bank Safe online; Provides advice on steps to take to bank safely online, plus a whole lot more. Make sure you check out the Helpful Sites page.

Stay Safe Online - A US site similar to Get Safe Online, well worth a visit.

Think U Know - Teenagers know it all.. and this is an excellent site aimed at them to make sure that they do know it all when it comes to staying safe and having fun on the internet.

Chatdanger - It's an exciting world out there and our kids are going to chat whether we like it or not. This site has been produced by the charity Childnet International. Another great site for teaching kids about online safety.

Microsoft Security at Home- This is Microsoft's security site and is another great place to start to get information about how to keep yourself, your computer and your children safe and secure online, it will also keep you up to date with all the Windows XP related news.

Finally... our kids love to talk and they love Messenger and they will love Messenger Plus Live, because all their friends have it. Please make sure you check that they install this program without the sponsor program, Lop infections seem to make a dramatic increase over the Christmas period for some reason or other!!!! Sandi Hardmeier has a nice write up on the latest version of MessengerPlus on her blog
Nellie2
Administrator Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby curlylad » November 13th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Cheers Nellie2, good post and will come in useful.
It's not just the family either who ask for your help, when I go to work I constantly get " My mate knows your mate and he told me that you could....".

Don't mind helping people out but sometimes :roll:

Anyway thanks for the thread ! :)
curlylad
Retired Graduate

Unread postby hammer51 » November 21st, 2006, 4:57 am

Nice one Nellie2, do you mind if I make a canned from it?
hammer51

Unread postby ChrisRLG » November 21st, 2006, 9:36 am

Its in a public room - provide them with a link :)
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Bob4 » November 23rd, 2006, 7:15 am

Very good Idea Nellie.
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions