Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Pulling my hair out here, help greatly appreciated

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Pulling my hair out here, help greatly appreciated

Unread postby Benoso » October 12th, 2006, 5:45 pm

Ok so today I let my friend use my PC for a while and while running my security softwares tonight I find a trojan.

Spyware Seach and Destroy found only tracking cookies. As did Spyware Doctor. Ad-Aware however, found Win32.TrojanDropper. I've tried deleting it through Ad-Aware but it keeps coming up in the scan and I've tried manually deleting the key through running 'regedit' but it's still coming back.

I really wanna get rid of this thing, please help.

HJT Log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 22:41:43, on 12/10/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\Smc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Aware.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Amadeus\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\Smc.exe -startgui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Octoshape Streaming Services] "C:\Program Files\Octoshape Streaming Services\Amadeus\OctoshapeClient.exe" -inv:bootrun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/viru ... ebscan.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{8F8CEC31-DC29-4548-8346-E1915FB905C8}: NameServer = 62.241.163.200 62.241.162.201
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: Sygate Personal Firewall Pro (SmcService) - Sygate Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\Smc.exe

Thanks in advance, Benoso.
Benoso

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Vino Rosso » October 13th, 2006, 10:52 am

Hi! Benoso and welcome to the Malware Removal forums.
My name is Vino Rosso - if it helps, you can call me Vino for short. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a little time to research and, while I complete my training, all my recommended fixes will be checked by an expert.

Please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • I will working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Finally, please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Be back soon.
Thanks
Vino
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Benoso » October 13th, 2006, 11:02 am

Ok I have some new information which may be of help.

The Trojan I'm infected with is a 'variant of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Conhook' according to Eset Nod32.

Its directory is C\WINDOWS\System32\opnmmmk.dll

NoD32 couldn't clean it, the option I had available was 'Leave'.

Thanks, Ben.
Benoso

Unread postby Vino Rosso » October 13th, 2006, 3:53 pm

Hi Benoso

Just before we start, can you please cut and paste your replies/logs etc. directly into your reply. Please do not use quote boxes for this. Thanks.

OK, a few steps to start

Note, if you can, it's worth printing out these instructions before you start.

1 - Move and Rename HijackThis
The first thing is we need to move HijackThis into its own folder as this will allow the program to backup any deletions we make with HijackThis to a safer area.
Using Windows Explorer, create a folder called HJT on your C: drive that is C:\HJT
Now go to your Desktop and right-click on HijackThis.exe and select Cut
Go to the folder you just created C:\HJT and right-click in the right-hand window and select paste
Now right-click on HijackThis.exe and select Rename
Call the file reveal99.exe

2 - VundoFix
Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log.
Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.
In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." when VundoFix appears at reboot.

3 - Kaspersky Online Scan
Please do an online scan with >Kaspersky Online Scanner<. You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then start to download the latest definition files.
  • Once the scanner is installed and the definitions downloaded, click Next.
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make sure that the following are selected:
    o Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    + Extended (If available otherwise Standard)
    o Scan Options:
    + Scan Archives
    + Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan select My Computer
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run. Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
  • Now click on the Save as Text button
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.
4 - Check on status
After you have completed the above, please reboot and provide:
  • the vundofix.txt
  • the Kaspersky scan results
  • a new HijackThis log using reveal99.exe
  • and a description of how your PC is behaving
Remember, if you can, it's worth printing these instructions out before you start.

Good Luck
Vino
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » October 25th, 2006, 9:26 pm

While we appreciate that you may be busy, it has been 10 days or more since we heard from you.

Infections can change and fresh instructions will now need to be given. This topic is now closed, if you still require assistance then please start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum

If you wish this topic reopened, please send us an email to 'admin at malwareremoval.com' with a link to your thread.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid,
working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used.
If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Nick-YF19
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!