Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

9/11

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

9/11

Unread postby Nellie2 » September 11th, 2006, 5:02 pm

For all of you who lost someone.. or who were just deeply touched by the events of that day. I know I was.

We haven't forgotten,

Nellie2
Administrator Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby turtledove » September 11th, 2006, 5:29 pm

I know I'll Not Forget...
Nice picture. Thanks Nellie2. And my best to all who lost someone that day.
TD
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Re: 9/11

Unread postby amateur » September 11th, 2006, 8:08 pm

Nellie2 wrote:For all of you who lost someone.. or who were just deeply touched by the events of that day. I know I was.

We haven't forgotten,

Each and every one of them was "someone" we lost, and it's impossible not to be touched by the extremely painful event of that day. Can never be forgotten......
amateur
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Elrond » September 12th, 2006, 5:41 am

I by chance did not loose anyone killed. My synagouge however did loose one of its young members. Our fire house had a number of its members killed and so had our police precinct.
My daughters mother-in-law with whom we are close still can not go downtown without major problems. She was in one of the buildings next to the towers and can be seen in some of the pictures of people running from the dust cloud. I do not think that anyone who was in New York City that day will ever forget.
Personally we only had to live with the sound of the sirens of the ambulances passing our window every ten minutes for twenty four hours straight and with the lack of knowledge about what had happened to the members of the familly for about twelve hours. Many of them were downtown when the attack took place and had to get back home before we could be sure that they were unharmed.
Just some memories of a horrible day.
Elrond
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Susan528 » September 12th, 2006, 8:28 am

I did not know anyone personally who died from 9/11 but I will not forget. I am grateful that the British foiled that attack this summer. I am concerned about terrorism and the future of my children. The world is such a different place from when I was a child.

I do not know much about Islam but I find the following site very informative.
http://www.muslim-refusenik.com/

I hope there becomes is a massive movement for the reform of Islam.
Susan528
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Gary R » September 12th, 2006, 11:57 am

A member at another forum I use (Photo Restoration Related) posted a load of photos that he and friends and colleagues took on that awful day (he worked 2 blocks away from the WTC).

They rekindled memories (I'll never forget) of the terrible things that happened, and I was suprised at just how raw my feelings on this subject still are.

My sympathies and prayers to all who were affected by the bestial attacks of that day.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Angoid » November 23rd, 2006, 4:45 am

Sorry ... I've only just seen this thread.

I was actually in the States on the 11th Sept this year, and I must say the atmosphere where I was was very much that of "it's just another day" ..... I saw nothing on the news, no silence seemed to be observed, no anything. It looked like "business as usual".

Maybe it was where I was ..... they maybe didn't feel affected?
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Unread postby Katana » November 23rd, 2006, 3:50 pm

Angoid wrote:they maybe didn't feel affected?

This travesty affected the whole world.

As tragic and horrific as it was this event seems to have woken America up as far as terrorism is concerned.

For far too many years, we in the UK had to treat the IRA as a fact of life.
At least now America views terrorists with the same disgust that we do.

Please understand I am NOT in any way saying this was a good thing, ...............it was horrific

It is just a shame that it took an event of this scale to help the Americans notice that terrorism needs to be stopped FULL STOP
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Angoid » November 24th, 2006, 5:09 am

It is just a shame that it took an event of this scale to help the Americans notice that terrorism needs to be stopped FULL STOP

Unfortunately, that's often the way it is. More often than not it takes a tragic wake-up call to alert people to the real state of affairs :cry: but I can only report on the feeling aound that place as I observed it. I was very surprised to be honest.

Although for us, the IRA had been a fact of life for so long, their activities have ceased (by and large) so when we had 7/7 it still took as by surprise ... to a degree, anyway.
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » November 29th, 2006, 3:11 pm

I removed a post because it was full of inaccurate speculation with no supporting facts. The primary purpose of the off topic section of Malware Removal is for light discussion and entertainment. Posting baseless nonsense about Bush lied people died and other political garbage is not welcome. If you must post stuff like that, take it to another web site.

Malware Removal is about helping people rid their computers of spyware.
Nick-YF19
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby KillSpyware » November 29th, 2006, 3:56 pm

I removed a post because it was full of inaccurate speculation with no supporting facts. The primary purpose of the off topic section of Malware Removal is for light discussion and entertainment. Posting baseless nonsense about Bush lied people died and other political garbage is not welcome. If you must post stuff like that, take it to another web site.

Hi Nick,

I uderstand about the forum, but this section was about General Discussions and this thread 9/11.

There are facts to prove that I'm not speculating and that it was and is an inside job. It's not nonsense. People need to know about going ons in the world. Im not here to argue we all have an opinion, I respect the rules of the forum and am putting my point across about a serious point we all face.
KillSpyware

Unread postby John B. » November 29th, 2006, 4:07 pm

This topic is about experience of losing people you loved, not about how something terrible like this happened and who did what wrong...
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby KillSpyware » November 29th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Ok forget it. I am just explaining a few things and opening peoples eyes, but if Im going to get hammered by Nick by the way he jumped down my throat I can do without.....I quit.
KillSpyware

Unread postby Angoid » November 29th, 2006, 7:08 pm

KillSpyware, please don't get like that!!!!!

Yes, we've all got our opinions and unfortunately this is what often happens once a topic gets political or religious .... strong different viewpoints are made and not everybody is going to agree.

I haven't researched it enough to say who is "right" or "wrong" here .... before repeating anything that anyone else says I like to research things to know that what I say is substantiated somewhere.

As I see it, Nick was only doing his job in ensuring this thread didn't take an acrimonious turn and that's why your post got removed.

Yes, this thread is primarily about people who have lost loved ones ..... my comment earlier was that where I was, there just didn't seem to be any feelings towards it.

There are a couple of people (whom I've lost touch with) that I used to "know" through MSN ..... one was an American, and the other one an Iraqi. The American would have absolutely nothing to do with the Iraqi at all. It was another forum that had drawn us all together. In a multi-way MSN conversation once, I tried to get the American to understand that just because the other person was Iraqi didn't mean that they were behind 9/11 or anything else ..... the result? The American fired up a private conversation to me saying essentially, "Keep your nose out". There was nothing I could do ..... I just gave up.

But hey! I'm just a developer! What do I know about politics?!??!??!!??!!
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Unread postby KillSpyware » November 29th, 2006, 7:40 pm

Hi Angoid,

I know what your saying :) I don't hate Nick or JohnB, it was the way Nick responded, instead of saying something like:

KillSpyware, Im sorry but I had to remove your post as I wasn't happy with what you posted, we don't want posts like that posted here for whatever reason.

He didn't though and I mentioned that to another Admin. Yes, he was doing his job, I just thought he handled the response wrongly this time, but again an Admin told me that sometimes when you are going from post to post on the forum you cant always show something nicely or you might forget to do so. I believe I should speak to Nick somehow and try to resolve things.

I can see that what I said can and in this case did cause problems and obviously wont be posting anything again about things such as this. :)

I chose to leave the forum as a member, but may in the future regain my training from where I left. I haven't been banned and am happy that isn't the case, I never wanted to argue with anyone on here. I'm just going to take some time out and like I said maybe start from where I left off at a later date.

For now Take care all..... ;)
KillSpyware

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next

Return to General Discussions