Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

New Monitor Help

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

New Monitor Help

Unread postby Static » September 1st, 2006, 8:05 pm

Alright so I got a new flat screen lcd computer monitor, and I'm trying to get the right color for it,(by the "right color" i mean like when i turn it on, the picture is off, it looks yellowish) but whatever I change it always looks yellow. It gives me the options to adjust change red, green, and blue. what combination should I have to get a normal, white color?
Static

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby silver » September 1st, 2006, 9:02 pm

You might be looking for the color temperature setting, this adjusts the white postion from yellowish through to blueish, you should be able to adjust this from the front panel.

My monitor is an Acer, it has a symbol for this adjustment which is three dots (representing RGB pixels), and the standard settings are 'warm' and 'cool', have a look for something like that and see if it helps.
silver

Unread postby Static » September 1st, 2006, 9:14 pm

Yeah, color temperature setting. So far I am trying it from the front panel. But no matter what, I can never get it to look right. =( So I was wondering if someone could give me like specifications like:

Blue:62
Red:64
Green:52

Is that possible or does it change from computer to computer?

Thanks silver :)
Static

Unread postby silver » September 1st, 2006, 9:37 pm

Oh I see what you mean, I think the adjustment you need will depend on the environment, what kind of light the room has, like whether the room is lit by the sun or by fluorescent lights for example.

Unfortunately, if you could specify exact numbers for the best setting it would be pre-set in the monitor. Does it have an automatic setting? I'd start with the auto setting and try small adjustments to get the result you want.

If it always looks yellow, then try starting at auto and increasing blue slightly until you get what you want.

Here's an RGB color space diagram so you know how to adjust:
http://www.csbsju.edu/itservices/teachi ... -space.gif
silver

Unread postby Static » September 1st, 2006, 9:42 pm

Thanks!

However, now my dad did something so the color bit is stuck at 4 instead of 32 like it used to be, and we can't change it from 640x480, it's stuck there.
Static

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions