Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Hijack This Log

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Hijack This Log

Unread postby greycat » June 2nd, 2005, 3:54 pm

Hi,

I had some problems with viruses and trojans, and I am hoping that I got everything. I have used adaware, spybot, panda, and trend micro to check my system. I'm hoping someone can look at my log and see if I have anything else on my system. Thanks in advance.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:30:44 PM, on 6/2/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Dawn\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://cgi.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredi ... =ho_search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://cgi.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredi ... bm=ho_home
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BCMSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AsioReg] REGSVR32.EXE /S CTASIO.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/share ... insctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v ... 7669480859
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004 ... scan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {8EB3FF4E-86A1-4717-884D-7BA2D38272CB} (F-Secure Online Scanner) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/share ... cgdmgr.cab
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
greycat

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 2nd, 2005, 3:58 pm

Hi greycat. I'm 'KotaGuy. Welcome to Malware Removal!

You've done good with cleaning your system up... your log is clean.

Are you experiencing any problems in particular?
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby greycat » June 2nd, 2005, 4:27 pm

Hi,

Thank you so much for looking at my log 'KotaGuy. I'm glad it is clean. :D I had reformatted and went online without having Mcafee installed or the adaware and spybot. I managed to pick up the elite toolbar which panda found and removed, tons of spyware, and some viruses. I just wanted to make sure that I had removed everything.
greycat

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 2nd, 2005, 5:03 pm

OK...

Some other precautions you may want to take...

Both Ad-Aware and Spybot have had their programs updated. Ad-Aware has been updated to v1.06 and Spybot has been updated to v1.4. If you haven't got them, you can download the newest versions from the links in my sig.

Don't know if you've been to this page, you may want to visit it as it has good instructions on how to configure Ad-Aware and Spybot for best detection/cleaning.

You might also want to reset your System Restore Point. This will ensure a clean backup if you ever need it. To do this:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the System Restore tab.
3. Check the "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives"

Reboot your computer, follow the steps above, this time unchecking the "Turn off System Restore" and reboot.

Along with Ad-Aware and Spybot, you might also want to look into installing SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, and IE-SPYAD. You can grab them from the links in my sig. The programs are free and can be updated, so please remember to do so. Installing these will go a long way in preventing reinfection.

Check out the links in my sig named How'd I get Infected and Understanding Spyware as well, some good information for you.

Other than that, remember to update Windows frequently, update your protection programs, scan often and...

Surf Safe!
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby greycat » June 2nd, 2005, 7:02 pm

Hi,

Thank you for all the info and links, I will check them out.

I was away for the computer for a while, and when I came back, Mcafee had a pop up that said it had detected a trojan in C:\SystemVolumeInformatiion\_restore{F539FF2A-293C-4552....was infected by the GenericStartPage.C trojan When I clicked on continue what I was doing, I got a message saying file A0013602.exe was deleted to complete the clean process.
greycat

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » June 2nd, 2005, 7:11 pm

That was found in a Restore Point greycat... follow my previous instructions to reset your Restore Point. Doing that will delete all other, possibly infected, points and create a clean one.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » June 16th, 2005, 12:44 am

Glad we could be of assistance.