Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

first party tracking cookies!

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

first party tracking cookies!

Unread postby kryptkat » August 16th, 2006, 7:49 pm

Have a serious security problem perhaps this bb could help in a fix and finding what the problem is.
After I set the control panel to BLOCK all first party and third party cookies I still get first party TRACKING COOKIES from mediaplex and papisA and Avertise inc .com . I also found dll files and exe that spybot does not get rid of when I do the manual deletion or manual removal of the spyware. While going through the temporary internet files I found a few html files that load valueclick and other malware. Browser is set to or to block all cookies. And yet I am getting TRACKING COOKIES.

What I did to find where the tracking cookies are coming from is to run spybot to clean computer before logon then logon then run spybot again. Doing this I descovered that the isp I use had advertisements that use tracking cookies. All I did was logon. Nothing else.

Here is the problems. Firewall is set to prompt any outgoing connection. Mediaplex and other ips connect without asking to connect. They include.
Host Name........: reserved-multicast-range-NOT-delegated.example.com

http://www.valueclick.com

dmtid.exe in window/system32 pipas a

--- Search result list ---
Pipas.A: Settings (Registry key, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ruins

Advertising.com: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

Avenue A, Inc.: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

DoubleClick: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

furteron in report of spybot
CLSID name: Internet Explorer Hot Fix

There were many dll files and exe that were deleted one I recall was something like wuacid.dll what come back to mediaplex according to the spyware removal webpage.

Java script is disabled. Downloaded a process viewer. Most programs are and have been turned off or disabled. There are 5 svchost.exe running and very few other processes nothing that stands out or suspicious other than 5 suspicoius svchost.exe. The process viewer is a little better than ctrl+alt+del taskmngr.exe

A while ago I had a serious problem with being redirected from the browser so that I got to NO web sites but was redirected to another advertisers page. That was fixed but it did take me a long time to figure out what was going on. Most of the time I can figure things out but some times I have to ask.

Thank You in advance.
KryptKat
kryptkat

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » August 17th, 2006, 2:21 am

Hi KryptKat!

Download HijackThis. Run the program and click the Do a System Scan and save a Logfile button.

The post the log as a new topic here and someone will get to it as soon as possible.

Thanks!
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Return to General Discussions