Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

About DNS-Changer malware

Notifications for Security Updates, as well as News and Information from across the web - mostly security minded.

Update Contributors: Members of the Malware Removal University.

Regular Members: Our Regular Members are invited to start and/or participate in all other topics. Join in and share the news that's important to you.

About DNS-Changer malware

Unread postby rbd » July 6th, 2012, 9:50 am

Hi everyone,

(Not sure if it's right for me to post here - if not, I apologise, do remove this post of mine but please advise me where to ask about this)

I've just read today about the DNS-Change malware, from a reliable newspaper website. The article links to an "official" website (not sure if I can publish its address, hopefully just its name is allowed: dcwg), where one can check if infected and eventually fix the problem.
It seems that an infected computer or home router will no longer be able to connect to the internet from July 9.
It's strange to me that this hasn't been mentioned widely by the media.
Is it something really serious? I always keep my security & other software up-to-date, and try and avoid rogue sites.
I regularly scan my computer with my AV and other on-line AV scanners (recommended by this forum): wouldn't this be enough to detect such malware?
Is it necessary and safe to perform a scan on that website?

Thanks in advance for any help.

rbd
rbd

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: About DNS-Changer malware

Unread postby Gary R » July 6th, 2012, 12:11 pm

It's quite OK to link to the dcwg article ....

http://www.dcwg.org/dnschanger-temporar ... lly-fixed/

.... and the information contained within it is generally safe to use.

If you are in any doubt as to the safety of your computer, please post a set of DDS logs in the "Malware Removal" forum here, as detailed in the following post .... http://malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtop ... 81#p491381 .... and let us know that you want to be checked for DNS changer malware.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Return to News Desk