Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Quotes For Signatures

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby Uslayme » October 5th, 2010, 5:16 am

Gary R wrote:Look at Vino's signature ..... you'll need to translate the Chinese characters.

I like your signature Vino Rosso :)

I did Google the Chinese, and "learned" something new. Thank you Gary R for getting me "involved". The Google search netted the translation as: I hear and I forget; I see and I remember; I do and I understand. This "ancient Chinese proverb" in slightly different variations has been attributed to Confucius, Aristotle, Native North American, and Ben Franklin. Thanks again for the learning moment. As I mentioned above, This quote is one of my favorites, and now I know a little more about it's origin.

Code: Select all
http://www.quotesdaddy.com/author/Benjamin+Franklin
Uslayme
Active Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: October 3rd, 2010, 3:19 am
Location: Interior Alaska
Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby Vino Rosso » October 5th, 2010, 5:41 am

Well done for discovering the meaning. By doing so, you've scratched the surface of one fundamental skill that's required to be a good helper... the ability to research. Welcome to Malware Removal :)
User avatar
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus
 
Posts: 9024
Joined: April 24th, 2006, 8:36 am
Location: Gloria Jean's in Murray St. Mall (I wish!)

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby Uslayme » October 5th, 2010, 6:04 am

Thank you Vino, and Turtledove also, for the kind welcome!
Uslayme
Active Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: October 3rd, 2010, 3:19 am
Location: Interior Alaska

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby Gary R » October 5th, 2010, 6:05 am

You're welcome Uslayme, and well done with your translation and your research. :)
User avatar
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 21871
Joined: June 28th, 2005, 11:36 am
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby Uslayme » October 5th, 2010, 7:02 am

:) Thank you again. You have a wonderful organization here, and it is all of you fine people that make it so!
Uslayme
Active Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: October 3rd, 2010, 3:19 am
Location: Interior Alaska

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby turtledove » October 6th, 2010, 12:20 am

You're welcome, and good work on translating Vino's signature.
:)
User avatar
turtledove
Retired Graduate
 
Posts: 4398
Joined: February 13th, 2006, 3:26 am
Location: California

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby Haider » October 8th, 2010, 8:05 am

Vino Rosso wrote:Well done for discovering the meaning. By doing so, you've scratched the surface of one fundamental skill that's required to be a good helper... the ability to research. Welcome to Malware Removal :)


Hello Vino:

This maybe a wrong place for this reply, please forgive me. I wish your Friday Challenge could be researched too! :?
User avatar
Haider
Regular Member
 
Posts: 177
Joined: July 19th, 2010, 1:31 pm

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby carl606 » October 8th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Haider wrote:
This maybe a wrong place for this reply, please forgive me. I wish your Friday Challenge could be researched too! :?


They probably can, but by the time you have research it, there's about 5 replys already with the correct answer.
Maths is not my strong point.
User avatar
carl606
Regular Member
 
Posts: 408
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 2:33 am
Location: chester/cheshire/england/uk

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby Haider » October 9th, 2010, 3:53 am

carl606 wrote:They probably can, but by the time you have research it, there's about 5 replys already with the correct answer. Maths is not my strong point.

I could do the mathematical ones especially algebraic, however, the typical logical ones, I am pretty slow
User avatar
Haider
Regular Member
 
Posts: 177
Joined: July 19th, 2010, 1:31 pm

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby carl606 » October 9th, 2010, 4:01 am

Haider wrote:I could do the mathematical ones especially algebraic, however, the typical logical ones, I am pretty slow


Yeah...their the one's that catch you out.
User avatar
carl606
Regular Member
 
Posts: 408
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 2:33 am
Location: chester/cheshire/england/uk

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby Haider » October 11th, 2010, 7:37 am

carl606 wrote:" Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets "


I would like to steal this, of course with your permission!
User avatar
Haider
Regular Member
 
Posts: 177
Joined: July 19th, 2010, 1:31 pm

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby carl606 » October 11th, 2010, 9:19 am

Haider wrote:
carl606 wrote:" Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets "


I would like to steal this, of course with your permission!



Sure thing haider

I don't think Benjamin Franklin would mind........i think thats where that quote came from originally... :)
User avatar
carl606
Regular Member
 
Posts: 408
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 2:33 am
Location: chester/cheshire/england/uk

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby Haider » October 11th, 2010, 9:42 am

carl606 wrote:
Haider wrote:
carl606 wrote:" Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets "


I would like to steal this, of course with your permission!



Sure thing haider

I don't think Benjamin Franklin would mind........i think thats where that quote came from originally... :)


Thank you so much carl606, but it was you who researched it, you'll see it shortly
User avatar
Haider
Regular Member
 
Posts: 177
Joined: July 19th, 2010, 1:31 pm

Re: Quotes For Signatures

Unread postby carl606 » October 11th, 2010, 4:35 pm

Haider wrote:
Thank you so much carl606, but it was you who researched it, you'll see it shortly


Your welcome haider
User avatar
carl606
Regular Member
 
Posts: 408
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 2:33 am
Location: chester/cheshire/england/uk
Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to General Discussions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Contact us:

Advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. Register to remove all ads. The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise. We make every attempt to ensure that the help and advice posted is accurate and will not cause harm to your computer. However, we do not guarantee that they are accurate and they are to be used at your own risk. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Member site: UNITE Against Malware