Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Sad Day at SpotCheckBilly's Hacienda

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Sad Day at SpotCheckBilly's Hacienda

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » April 10th, 2006, 5:54 pm

Hey everyone,

It looks as if my wife's new restaurant is going to have to close its doors at the end of the month. Some funding that she was supposed to get to carry us through the first year of business did not materialize for reasons known only to the broker and his conscience. So after more than four years of almost nonstop planning as well as countless hours of hard work, this beautiful restaurant will shut down before it even had a chance to to get off the ground.

The fact that such occurrences happen quite frequently in this day and age can't even put a dent in the devastation she must be feeling now.

There are quite a few regulars here, as well as at a couple of the other forums to which I belong, who have sort of followed the progress of the restaurant through periodic reports from me (not too many here, but at Dell, SWI and earlier at TC's). Thanks to everyone who has offered encouragement and moral support.

There will very likely be some major changes going on including a possible move back to Minnesota. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again everyone who has offered support and encouragement along the way.

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » April 10th, 2006, 11:08 pm

Sorry to hear that... hope things work out for you and your wife :)
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Rogue » April 11th, 2006, 12:11 am

I'm sorry to hear that. The restaurant business is hard enough without having someone pull the rug out from under you. :x
Do you have the brokers email address? Maybe we can all send him a thank you (What the ____are you doing) card with a rootkit ribbon.
Rogue
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Gary R » April 11th, 2006, 2:38 am

Sorry to hear of your sad news, I wish you luck in finding another source of financial backing.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » April 11th, 2006, 3:12 am

Thanks guys,

The restaurant business is indeed a hard one. I asked Lori (my wife) how a bank could pull out of the contract negotiated by the SBA. She said that they really couldn't, but by the time they got done messing around, the damage would be done. Apparently, this also is not uncommon. Seems like that's kind of an important detail for someone to "forget to mention".

She's not down for the count yet, though. She's already working with a couple of different people doing a refinance for the business as well as our home which would, of course lower all the payments. The big benefit would be that the "break even" point would be considerably lower giving her some extra breathing room.

I truly believe in her concept and I think if we can make it through the first year everything will turn out just fine.

Check out her (not finished yet) web site at: http://www.OatesnWhey.com

I'm currently working on creating "mouse overs" for her menu page to make it more readable, as well as redesigning her catering page. Big task for someone with little experience, but I certainly have the time. LOL

Thanks again guys for your support. :wave:

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby ChrisRLG » April 11th, 2006, 4:16 am

George that link did not work for me.

I will add a prayer for you both.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » April 11th, 2006, 4:51 am

Try this one, Chris...

http://www.oatsnwhey.com/

The food looks yummy!
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby ChrisRLG » April 11th, 2006, 5:00 am

Sure does - what would the delivery changes be to Southend, Essex, UK.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Gary R » April 11th, 2006, 6:11 am

Beat me to it Chris, I was wondering if they'd deliver to Yorkshire. (Sorry got to go and get a napkin to clean the drool off my keyboard).
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Bob4 » April 11th, 2006, 7:13 am

Sorry to hear of this Billy. Keep your spirits high.
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » April 11th, 2006, 4:49 pm

Thanks NonSuch for correcting my spelling. That's what I get for using a text editor (Notepad) that doesn't have a spellchecker. LOL

Funny thing is, I have been trying to convince my wife that adding delivery service would be a good idea. I didn't realize how much extra insurance she would have to carry in order to add such a service. Perhaps if the refinance goes through...... we will see.

Thanks again everyone for your support and kind thoughts. Now if I can just learn how to use this new Dreamweaver program that I got (he says with a dazed look on his face) :wave:

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby NonSuch » April 11th, 2006, 5:02 pm

You're welcome, George. :)

The food does look great! If the restaurant was located further south, I'd be a frequent customer for sure. (We're in Orange County).
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby SpotCheckBilly » April 13th, 2006, 2:22 am

Hey NonSuch,

You're absolutely correct. Pretty much everywhere in Orange County is quite a jaunt from Santa Clarita. Up until just about a year ago, my wife's favorite aunt as well as her mom were living in Anaheim. Actually, just a couple of miles from Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland. On a good day it took about an hour and a half to get from our house to her aunt's. On the other hand, I remember one time that we left at 7 a.m. and it was well after 10 a.m. by the time we got there. Truly ugly. LOL

Thanks again everyone for your kind words and thoughts. Believe me, they are all taken to heart. :wave:

SpotCheckBilly
SpotCheckBilly
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby turtledove » April 13th, 2006, 5:08 am

Hmmm Good :!:
Wish I were still in S. CA.
Too far north now; but those certainly look great. Best Wishes :)
turtledove
Retired Graduate

restaurant

Unread postby missmoseyposey » April 27th, 2006, 5:17 am

Hi George I was just reading about you and your wifes venture with a restaurant business.....I will pray an extra prayer tonight for you and your wife that things get straightened out. Life is sometimes not easy but somehow things work out and I wish you both the best and hope and pray that this will work out for you so that you both can do what you want to do. And dont give up... take care Your wife must be very special to have worked so hard for so long and then to have this happen. sorry Maybe in a month or so we will get a new posting from you telling us some good news.. I believe that sincerely Maureen
missmoseyposey

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next

Return to General Discussions