The review that I found
Free tool offered by Kaspersky called AVZ developed by a Russian named Oleg Zaytsev. It started off as an independent anti-viral toolkit but Oleg went to Kaspersky, so now it is Kaspersky’s property. It is said that AVZ malware detection technology is built-in into AVPTool and the latest Kaspersky 2009 but actually AVZ has a lot more extra tools that is not included to the AVPTool and Kaspersky 2009.
AVZ is an anti-viral toolkit for system analysis and recovery. It’s main purpose is similar to Trojan Hunter or Ad-Aware which is meant to remove “malwares” but not “viruses”.
The AVZ antivirus utility is intended for searching and deleting the following malicious programs:
· Spyware and Adware programs and modules (this is the main goal of this utility)
· Network and mail worms
· Trojan horses (including all their variations, in particular, Trojan-PSW, Trojan-Downloader, and Trojan-Spy) and backdoor programs (programs intended for remote control over the infected computer)
· Trojan horses intended for dialing purposes (Dialer, Trojan.Dialer, Porn-Dialer)
· Keyloggers and other programs that can be used for tracking user activities
The AVZ utility collects information about your computer, analyzes launched processes for a malicious code unknown to Kaspersky Lab yet. As the malicious code is unknown it thus cannot be detected with the current anti-virus databases.
Updating anti-virus databases and logging scan:
* download the avz4.zip archive from our server and save it on your desktop
* unpack the downloaded archive (for example, using WinZip) to your desktop
* open the unpacked folder avz4
* run the file avz.exe
* select File menu > Custom scripts
* copy the text below into the Run script field:
* click the Run button
* wait till the computer is restarted
http://www.z-oleg.com/secur/avz/avzguard.php (Website is in Russian but the app is both English and Russian.)
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.z-oleg.com/secur/avz/download.php (Goole Translate)
P.S. Update is under File>Database Update.