Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

What is this process?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

What is this process?

Unread postby luigi2000 » October 27th, 2009, 2:38 pm

While trouble shooting standby mode in my children's Vista PC, I noticed a small process named "44685.exe". An internet search did not return any results. I would appreciate any ideas. Thank you.
luigi2000

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: What is this process?

Unread postby turtledove » October 27th, 2009, 8:06 pm

Hello,

Please read the stickies and follow the instructions here: viewforum.php?f=11
The best thing is post a HijackThis log and someone will assist you.

TD
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Unread postby luigi2000 » October 29th, 2009, 3:18 am

I have determined that this process is used by Game Jackal from Slysoft. The esoteric name is puzzling indeed. This service allows apps to run without the cd-rom to be present in the drive. This lets the children switch from one educational title to another without having to shuffle discs. Thank you for the response. Like MacArthur said, "I shall return."
luigi2000

Unread postby turtledove » October 29th, 2009, 11:32 am

You're welcome. Glad you found what the file is.
:)
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions