Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Thanks for offering so much help

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Thanks for offering so much help

Unread postby cturtle » July 1st, 2009, 12:22 am

Thank you everyone behind this site for offering all this help to everyone. My PC is currently suffering from some sort of Google-search redirect nonsense, and Adam (Axephilic) is assisting me in my HJT thread.

I earn a living as a Solaris SA, but am not very knowledgeable about Windows, especially on the desktop OS's. I've been booting my PC into a small Linux partition for use while waiting for the next step from Adam.

I've been running AVG8 up until now, and have had to disable it to run several ComboFix scans. AVG registry keys were among those I had to delete using HJT, too.

What is a good combination of protective tools to run on my PC? Is AVG8 still worth using after Adam gives me the all-clear, or are there better choices? Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware already found several infections that my AVG8 never caught.
cturtle

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Thanks for offering so much help

Unread postby Gary R » July 1st, 2009, 5:32 am

When your helper has finished helping you clean your machine, it's usual that he will give you some advice on securing it against future infection.

It's normal to do it at the end when your computer is clean, as installing new software to an infected machine is potentially hazardous and may have unfortunate results.

If Adam feels you need to make any immediate changes to your protection he'll advise you.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby caribfun » July 1st, 2009, 5:58 am

I also want to say thanks to tan_pang and the rest for their recent assistance with my problem.

My PC seems to be fine now. Keep up the great work!!

It amazes me the work it takes to get rid of these pests and the number of different tools I had to use. Maybe one day someone will develop a really good "all-in-one" tool.
caribfun

Unread postby Mr Darn » July 6th, 2009, 2:27 pm

There already is one!

Its called Reformat and Reinstall!!! :D
Mr Darn

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions