Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Newbie Has Questions, Pleez

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Newbie Has Questions, Pleez

Unread postby Ih8malware » July 18th, 2006, 6:04 am

Hi! What a boon this site is! I'm counting on you guys to help me take back my 'puter. :lol:

First question: Panda's ActiveScan told me that I had some sort of CoolWeb stuff on my 'puter, but when I used Trend Micro's "CW Shredder" the scan told me "No CW present." Go figure?

2nd question: From the Panda Scan, I got a whole list of malware that's on my system. It didn't give me the exact name of the file, but rather the names of the malware (for ex. DoubleClick, QuestionMarket, et al.) These 42 malware items weren't caught by my Webroot software or Lavasoft, nor blocked by my SpywareBlaster or Spybot systems. How can I go about killing these items (and without leaving any traces in my 'puter)? Is HiJack This the only option?

Thanx in advance 4 any help you post.
Ih8malware

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » July 18th, 2006, 6:11 am

HJT is a diagnostic tool - it provides the expert with information - it may not be the tool for removal of what is bad, although it is capable of doing so with lots.

Post your HJT log in the main malware removal room and one of the staff will help you.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Ih8malware » July 18th, 2006, 2:22 pm

Chris, thanx 4 your prompt reply. But see, I'm trying to avoid having 2 use HiJack This. My real question is: is there some way to thoroughly remove that yuckware w/o either having to buy Panda's software (which was their recommendation when they listed the malware) or having to resort to HiJack This?
Ih8malware

Unread postby ChrisRLG » July 18th, 2006, 3:04 pm

it is almost impossible to do a removal without using HJT for most of the hard infections.

That is why we train people here to assist others within the various forums.

All the experts here would be able to talk you through a removal.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions