Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

I've been silly and installed a dodgy program - sorry!

Troubleshooting issues with software, including all version of Windows.

I've been silly and installed a dodgy program - sorry!

Unread postby diggerdi » January 21st, 2013, 5:03 pm

Hi, this site has helped me twice in the past with malware, for which I was extremely grateful (and still am!).

However, I have done something really stupid and wonder if you can help me to get rid of a program I have purchased online and downloaded and since found it is a con. As a bit of background info, I have recently upgraded to BT Infinity 2 fibreoptic broadband but not getting the speed I should. A BT engineer came out and he got a full 80mb at the router and also on his laptop, which means it is my laptop which is at fault (only getting about 36mb).I though I would give my computer a clean up so I searched and found a site called SpeedyPC Pro, which says it will find unused program bits, clean the registry etc and speed it up. I downloaded it at a cost of £19 + VAT and ran it. Obviously, I haven't noticed any difference in the running of my laptop. The main worry is that it is on an automatic annual renewal and I cannot get an answer from the company I paid through (Safecart.com) via Paypal.

I will sort this out through Paypal, but I have now done some research (bit late, I know) and it is apparently virtually impossible to uninstall this program. This is why I am posting here, in the hope that you can help me delete all trace of this program from my computer.

Sorry I have been so stupid and don't really deserve your help.

Thanks in anticipation, Diane
diggerdi

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: I've been silly and installed a dodgy program - sorry!

Unread postby NonSuch » January 21st, 2013, 11:00 pm

This issue should be addressed in the Malware Removal Room. Follow the instructions for posting a log then wait for someone to assist you.