Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Replaced motherboard after blue screen

Troubleshooting issues with software, including all version of Windows.

Replaced motherboard after blue screen

Unread postby reefscapes » May 13th, 2012, 3:59 pm

I replaced my motherboard (Napa GL8E) on my HP Pavillion a6500f. It went out after a blue screen error. It booted up and I updated all of my drivers and updates. still things aren't running correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
reefscapes
Member+

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Replaced motherboard after blue screen

Unread postby junewright » May 15th, 2012, 7:52 am

You mean the motherboard you installed went out after blue screen or your native motherboard went out?
junewright

Unread postby reefscapes » May 15th, 2012, 10:45 am

Yes, the native motherboard went out. I replaced it but things are running very slow in comparison.
reefscapes
Member+

Unread postby daveyb » September 2nd, 2012, 4:18 am

I'm sorry for the late reply here, and hope you have this resolved, but hopefully this will help others in a similar predicament:

In replacing a motherboard (after a blue screen or not) you are not simply replacing the holder for the CPU and memory. The modern motherboard has a lot of devices built into it, which may include one or more of
  • Video adapter
  • Network Adapter
  • Sound card
  • Modem
  • USB adapter
  • PCI adapter
  • IDE adapter
  • SATA Adapter
  • SCSI Adapter
The list goes on and on. The short story is, the computer shut down with a specific list of devices connected, and reboots to find a whole new range of devices attached, but no hint as to what happened!

To put this in human terms, imagine you wake up one morning and find you have eight legs instead of two? Going to be kinda wobbly for a while, right?

In the case of changing out a motherboard, you need to re-run the hardware wizard to let it figure out what is now connected, and what is gone. You may even have to re-run the installation software to get it sorted out - it shouldn't need a full install, just access to the drivers from the installation CD/DVD.

Just a word of warning on this, if your OS came pre-installed, it may be keyed to the hard drive serial number or the CPU serial number, so the re-installation may fail because of this - DAMHIK (Don't ask me how I know)!
daveyb

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Software Support (including Windows)