Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Spybot detects zonemap.ranges.....what to do?

Please leave any suggestions and requests here - NO HIJACKTHIS LOGS

Spybot detects zonemap.ranges.....what to do?

Unread postby Woodstock06 » February 10th, 2006, 8:06 pm

Hi, I am new to the forums and just recently installed the latest version of Spybot Search and Destroy. It detected two items in Bold Red:

1)Windows Security Center/FirewallDisableNotify
2)12 Entries of Zonemap.Ranges

I am unfamilar with Registry files, zonemap.ranges, and unsure if these items need to be deleted. In other words, should I delete the aformentioned items?
Woodstock06

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » February 10th, 2006, 8:15 pm

OK

The first is telling you that you (or someone else) has disabled the sp2 checking of weither a firewall is active or not on your machine.
So if you have a firewall active you should let spybot fix that (or manually change it yourself). On the other hand if you have no firewall and do not intend to install one this will provide you with a nag that you are running your computer without a firewall. Someone turned off that nag.

I would recommend you install a firewall - check the forums public library - computer safety online topics for some suggestions.

The second - we would need to know what IP's or domains have been placed into that zone to be able to decide if they were good or bad.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Return to Suggestions and Requests