The two files you see are always there, it's just that they are system files and usually kept hidden. It seems that for some reason OTL has malfunctioned (or more likely been "interfered with" by Norton) and as a result this has occurred.
I've not known this to happen before.
Please set your files back to hidden by doing the following ....
NextCreate a System Restore Point
- Click Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalisation > Folder Options
- Click on the View tab.
- Click the Don't show hidden files, folders and drives option to select it.
- Scroll down and check the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
- Click OK
- Click Start, and type Create a restore point into the Search programs and files box.
- Now click on the Create a restore point icon at the top of the find list.
- This will open a System Properties box, with the System Protection tab open ...
- Click on the Create button in the lower part of the window.
- Type Pre reg fix into the description box, then click Create.
- Windows will now create a Restore Point and notify you when finished.
- Exit any open windows.
Since OTL is having problems deleting those registry keys and values, let's try something else.First
Temporarily disable Norton by right clicking its Icon in the System Tray (bottom right corner of your screen) and choosing the appropriate option from the menu.Next
by Farbar and extract it to your Desktop.64 bit version
- Double click on MiniRegTool.exe to launch the program.
- If prompted by UAC, allow the prompts.
- Check the following radio button ....
- Delete Key(s)/Value(s) including locked/Null-embedded
- Copy/Paste the contents of the code box below into the white input box.
- Code: Select all
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\Run | c:\program files (x86)\emsisoft anti-malware\a2guard.exe /d:60
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\Services | Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 - Service
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3193119406-1769082486-1526078369-1000\Software\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\Run | c:\program files (x86)\emsisoft anti-malware\a2guard.exe /d:60
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3193119406-1769082486-1526078369-1000\Software\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\Services | Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 - Service
- Click on the Go button.
- If prompted, allow the prompt.
- The fix will run and a log file will open.
Re-enable Norton before re-connecting to the Internet.Post me the contents of the log please.