Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Concerns about malware from " _q_idm 6 "

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Concerns about malware from " _q_idm 6 "

Unread postby Fwgfd » August 31st, 2016, 4:40 pm

I wanted to install IDM on a new computer but didn't know where I had put my serial key. So

I went for a crack. Bad idea.

I went to the link "http://www.idm-crack..."andfollowedthefollowing steps:

1: Clicked Download: Mirror Link
2: Clicked "Download Crack + Setup"
3: Started Executable
4: Saw shitware and clicked close in bottom left corner
5:Some tab came up which I closed without reading. I fear that it said that if you click close without unchecking shitware in install it installs said shitware.
6:I wanted to run the executable but now my avast was stopping me. I turned if off for a bit in order to run the executable but had second thoughts, cancelled and ran a system restore.
7: Tried again, had second thoughts again. Ran another system restore.

After running the executable some shitware search engine and some other site were opened up in my browser.
Since then I haven't noticed anything wrong, but it has only been a few hours.

First off, can someone tell me what the damage is? Maybe someone could tell me what the message I didn't read said (by running " _q_idm 6 " for me, with the appropriate precautions of course). With luck it might have said that it WON'T install the shitware, but I have my doubts about that.

Now I know I haven't supplied logs yet but I'm thinking I should at least wait for somebody to try the above and give me the message before doing that (haven't done it before so it might take some time). If you want them before that I guess I'll go get them but I don't know how long it's going to take since I'm going to have log off for a while)

(My OS is Windows 7 64bit in case anyone wants to know)

My gratitude in advance and apologies for any impositions.
Fwgfd

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Concerns about malware from " _q_idm 6 "

Unread postby NonSuch » August 31st, 2016, 5:20 pm

By posting just a description of your problems it is likely that your topic will be passed by and you will not receive the help you're looking for.

We need to know what's running on your computer so we can give you appropriate instructions.

May I draw your attention to THIS topic, which you should have read, and which tells you what we need you to post so that we can help you.

This topic will now be closed.

If you still need help, please start a new thread with:

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt
  • Details of your problems.

If for any reason you can't run FRST, please let us know in your post.

NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator