Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

I think theres a virus on my comp?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: I think theres a virus on my comp?

Unread postby tanhed123 » March 16th, 2016, 12:32 am

this is a recent scan of adwcleaner
# AdwCleaner v5.102 - Logfile created 16/03/2016 at 00:30:24
# Updated 13/03/2016 by Xplode
# Database : 2016-03-14.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 10 Pro (x64)
# Username : Kevin - DESKTOP-O508F63
# Running from : C:\Users\Kevin\Downloads\adwcleaner_5.102.exe
# Option : Clean
# Support : http://toolslib.net/forum

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\ask.com
[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\dotomi.com
[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\iad-usadmm.dotomi.com
[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\www.ask.com
[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\ask.com
[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\dotomi.com
[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\iad-usadmm.dotomi.com
[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\www.ask.com

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

:: "Tracing" keys removed
:: Winsock settings cleared

C:\Program Files (x86)\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [1205 bytes] - [12/03/2016 17:50:04]
C:\Program Files (x86)\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C2].txt - [2498 bytes] - [16/03/2016 00:30:24]
C:\Program Files (x86)\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1010 bytes] - [12/03/2016 17:49:26]
C:\Program Files (x86)\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [982 bytes] - [12/03/2016 18:19:26]
C:\Program Files (x86)\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [2738 bytes] - [15/03/2016 23:37:09]
C:\Program Files (x86)\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S4].txt - [2831 bytes] - [16/03/2016 00:29:50]

########## EOF - C:\Program Files (x86)\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C2].txt - [2962 bytes] ##########
tanhed123

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby tanhed123 » March 16th, 2016, 12:47 am

RogueKiller V11.0.12.0 [Feb 15 2016] (Free) by Adlice Software
mail : http://www.adlice.com/contact/
Blog : http://www.adlice.com

Operating System : Windows 10 (10.0.10586) 64 bits version
Started in : Normal mode
User : Kevin [Administrator]
Started from : C:\Users\Kevin\Downloads\RogueKiller (2).exe
Mode : Delete -- Date : 02/21/2016 13:41:06

¤¤¤ Processes : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Registry : 1 ¤¤¤
[PUP] (X64) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Partner -> Deleted

¤¤¤ Tasks : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Files : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Hosts File : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Antirootkit : 0 (Driver: Not loaded [0xc000036b]) ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Web browsers : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ MBR Check : ¤¤¤
+++++ PhysicalDrive0: ADATA SX300 +++++
--- User ---
[MBR] 8d80edd3b40e7f552396ed17831de39e
[BSP] 11786d2f276e3ce2b9b3adccece3f4f8 : Empty|VT.Unknown MBR Code
Partition table:
0 - [SYSTEM][MAN-MOUNT] Basic data partition | Offset (sectors): 2048 | Size: 450 MB
1 - [MAN-MOUNT] EFI system partition | Offset (sectors): 923648 | Size: 100 MB
2 - [MAN-MOUNT] Microsoft reserved partition | Offset (sectors): 1128448 | Size: 16 MB
3 - Basic data partition | Offset (sectors): 1161216 | Size: 243631 MB
User = LL1 ... OK
User = LL2 ... OK
tanhed123

Unread postby capnkrunch » March 16th, 2016, 4:01 am

Hello tanhed123 :)

Running Tools That Were Not Requested Warning
I did not ask you to run AdwCleaner again. Please recall the rules I laid out in my first post:
capnkrunch wrote:DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so.

Running additional scans can change things on your system in ways I can't predict and has the potential to cause damage. This includes repeating scans you have already done or repeating instructions I give more than once without be told to.

None of the logs showed any malware so I would say the lag you are experiencing is not malware related. We can try a couple things to see if we can speed up your computer a bit.

First things first though, we have some cleanup to do.

Step one...

We can uninstall some of the security programs that you've ran. This might actually free up some system resources.

Uninstall Programs
  • Press the Windows Key + R.
  • Enter appwiz.cpl into the text box and click OK.
  • Locate the following programs:
    HitmanPro 3.7
    RogueKiller version 12
    Sophos Virus Removal Tool
  • Press the Uninstall or Uninstall/Change button and carefully follow any prompts to uninstall the program.
    • Take care to read through any prompts completely! Some uninstallers may attempt to trick you into keeping the program.
    • Do this for every program listed.
    • Don't worry if you can't find one of the programs. Just be sure to let me know in your reply.
  • Once finished reboot your computer.

Step two...

DelFix
  • Please download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your Desktop.
  • Right click on delfix_*version*.exe and select Run as administrator.
  • Check the following boxes and then click Run:
    • Activate UAC
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • If any logs or programs remain, you may delete them now.
    Note: the one exception is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which I strongly recommend you keep.

That's it for cleanup. Let's try a couple things to speed up your computer.

Step three...

Defrag Your Hard Drive
Note: if you have an SSD drive you can skip this step. SSDs operate differently and do not require defragging.
  • Click Start.
  • Type defrag into the search box and select Defragment and Optimize Drives from the results.
  • Select your hard drive and click Analyze.
  • If the drive does not say (0% fragmented) click on Optimize. This may take some time so you may want to do it overnight.
  • Once finished click Close.

Step four...

Clean Temporary Files With CCleaner
  • Please download CCleaner by Piriform.
  • Double-click ccsetup515_slim.exe and follow the prompts to install it.
  • Launch CCleaner once it is installed.
  • Click the Cleaner icon.
  • The default settings are good but you can go through the Windows and Applications tabs to choose what you do or do not want cleaned.
  • Click Analyze.
  • Review the details of the files to be removed and ensure that you are OK with them being deleted.
  • If so click Run CCleaner. If not deselect the items you don't want removed and click Analyze again.
  • Doing this every week or two will help keep your computer performing well.
Warning! Do not use the registry cleaning function in CCleaner Registry cleaners do not provide any speed increases and can potentially damage your computer up to and including rendering it unbootable.

After completing these steps let me know how your computer is running.
capnkrunch
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby capnkrunch » March 17th, 2016, 5:13 am

It has been 48 hours since my last post.
  • Do you still need help?
  • Do you need more time?
  • Are you having problems following my instructions?
  • According to Malware Removal's latest policy, topics can be closed after 3 days without a response.
  • If you do not reply within the next 24 hours, this topic will be closed.
capnkrunch
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Cypher » March 19th, 2016, 8:03 am

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous