Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

windows vista unresponsive after 10 minutes

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: windows vista unresponsive after 10 minutes

Unread postby wannabeageek » August 27th, 2015, 10:37 pm

wfr37,

In your opening post you describe the issues you are having, but do not state how long ago these characteristics started prior to Aug 6, or if it correlates to installing or removing any program(s).

FYI- I am running McAfee virus and firewall software provided by my ISP, Cox Communications.
What were you running/using prior to this?
Personally I am not very fond of McAfee as it has caused me more issues than resolved.
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby wfr37 » August 28th, 2015, 8:20 am

I tried unsuccessfully to get help from the Microsoft community starting around July 19th and had been having trouble approximately 3 weeks before. I don't remember installation of any programs that happened around that time.

Have been running the McAfee for more than a year. Did have a problem with it recently where the protection would not stay on. The folks at Cox said it needed to be reinstalled and walked me through the steps. I cannot be sure about the exact timing of the problem and the reinstall but the reinstall had to have happened first.

Last program I remember running was one the Kapersky suites.
wfr37

Unread postby wfr37 » August 28th, 2015, 2:14 pm

I have had problems even starting up in the safe mode. I thought in that case the computer would only run Windows programs. I don't understand how programs I have installed would affect the unresponsiveness of the computer when started in safe mode. In some cases the computer became unresponsive before reaching the login screen( perhaps I became too impatient before forcing a shutdown ) and in other cases the computer became unresponsive a very very short time after login. Do I miss understand the safe startup mode works?
wfr37

Unread postby wannabeageek » August 29th, 2015, 12:33 pm

Do I miss understand the way safe startup mode works?
Yes wfr37,
I believe you do have a misunderstanding of what "Safe Mode" is for. Safe mode is for diagnostics only.
Also, you should never boot into Safe Mode with Networking to connect to the internet. No safety protocols or Anti-Virus protection is working.
If you have booted into safe mode with networking and connected to the internet to surf the web, your machine is very likely infected with something that by now is well embedded and undetectable. The reason I say this is that I am not finding any malware that would cause the issues you are having.

Therefor the only recourse you may have is to format and reinstall Vista.

Safe mode for Vista - Microsoft

safe mode - Wikipedia
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby wfr37 » August 30th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Thanks for your advice and analysis. I haven't surfed in SAFE mode and only used it while working with you to download designated programs for testing or logging into malwareremoval.com for posts in the cases when I wasn't able to make my computer run long enough to accomplish the requested tasks. I'll work on the formating and reinstall Vista. Best regards.
wfr37

Unread postby NonSuch » August 31st, 2015, 9:17 pm

Reformatting and reinstalling your Vista operating system is a good choice. It will allow you to start over with a clean slate. :thumbleft:

As you no longer require help, this topic is now closed.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous