Thanks so much for your patience and your help
You're more than welcome, thanks for staying with me.
Wow! Cypher's cracked it! He's only cracked it!! Delighted to say that the ads appear no longer.
Excellent, usually one of the first things we would of tried was a reinstall but you had already tried that.
What could I possibly do to repay your attention and ingenuity? Might I make a donation to your favourite charity?
I appreciate the offer thank you, but the fact that you're not seeing the adds now is reward enough
As your problem appears to be resolved you should be good to go.
Lets restore your bookmarks, then tidy up and remove the tools we used to clean your computer.Restore your Firefox Bookmarks
- Please open your FireFox browser.
- Click the Bookmarks button on the navigation toolbar and select Show All Bookmarks to open the Library window.
- In the Library window, click the Import and Backup button and then select Restore....
- Choose bookmarks .json file you saved on your Desktop.
- After choosing a backup, your bookmarks from that file will be restored. Close the Library window.
Please download delfix
and save it to your desktop
I would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed. Safe surfing!
- Right-click on delfix.exe and select " Run as administrator " to run it.
- Check the following boxes then click on Run.
- Remove disinfection tools
- All tools we used to clean your computer should be gone now.
- You can now delete any tools/logs we used if they remain on your computer.
We removed an outdated version of Java, if you use it you can reinstall the latest versions.
Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE).
Please download from HERE
- Find Java SE 8u40.
- Click the Download JRE button to the right.
- Choose the correct Platform and Multi-language. Next, check the box that says I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.
- Click the Continue button.
- Click on the filename under Windows Offline Installation and save it to your desktop.
- Close all active windows.
- Install the program.
Please read the article below which will give you a few suggestions for how to minimise your chances of getting another infection.