Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Cannot download anything

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Cannot download anything

Unread postby mustangsally2003 » November 21st, 2014, 11:49 am

I cannot download anything. I get the message: Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded. I have run a scan of my antiviral software in both the regular and safe modes. It says that I have no infections. I am using IE 11, Windows 7, 64 bit and keep my computer up to date for both Windows and my antiviral software (MS Security Essentials). Whatever this is that's infecting my computer, it's also affecting my android cell phone. I get no notifications of emails, texts, etc. I can't download a DDS log because of this.
mustangsally2003

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Cannot download anything

Unread postby Cypher » November 23rd, 2014, 1:19 pm

Hi and welcome to Malware Removal Forum.
My name is Cypher, and I will be helping you with your malware problems.
This may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
If you no longer require help i would be grateful if you would let me know.

Before we start please note the following important guidelines.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to ask.
  • Only post your problem at One help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
  • Only reply to this thread do not start another, Please continue responding until I give you the "All Clean"
    Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone.
  • Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans whilst I am helping you.
  • Please DO NOT install any other software (or hardware) during the cleaning process.
  • Print each set of instructions... if possible...your Internet connection will not be available during some fix processes.
  • Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
  • Note: No Reply Within 3 Days Will Result In Your Topic Being Closed!

Note: If you haven't done so already, please read this topic ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST where the conditions for receiving help here are explained.
Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start

Next.

• Open Internet Explorer.
  • Click Tools and then Internet options.
  • Click on the security tab.
  • Select the Internet Zone.
  • Click on the Custom Level Button and then scroll down to Downloads.
  • Make sure File download is enabled.
  • Click Apply and Ok
  • Restart Internet Explorer.

Next.

Now see if you can download and run the tools below, and post the requested logs.
If you still can't download them let me know.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Right click on adwcleaner.exe and select " Run as administrator " to run it.
  • Click on Scan.
  • When the scan has finished, uncheck any entries you don't want to remove, then click on Clean.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the content of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Next.

Please download FRST ... by Farbar, from the link below and save it to your Desktop.

For 64 bit Systems

• Right-click FRST.exe and select " Run as administrator " to run it.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button. ... When finished a log will be created, FRST.txt.
  • Please post the content of the FRST.txt in your next reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it will create another log... Addition.txt.
  • Please post the content of the Addition.txt in your next reply.

Logs/Information to Post in your Next Reply

• AdwCleaner log.
  • FRST.txt and Addition.txt contents.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Cannot download anything

Unread postby Cypher » November 27th, 2014, 6:23 am

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!