Downloading norman atm, quick question. Why is the download so big for a scanning tool? Is it a full featured AV?
Not quite no but more comprehensive than that, further information can be read here.
I would also like to use chrome instead if possible for ESET.
Fair play it appears you opted to run the scan with IE I am surmisng; for intrest sake this is how you would run the scan using Chrome...
ESET Online Scanner:
Note: The below instructions relate to running the scan with Google Chrome only. You will need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus for the duration of the online scan, how to do so can be read here.
Windows 7 users: You will need to to right-click on the either the Google Chrome icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Please go here to run the scan...
- In the window that now appears called Launch ESET Online Scanner
- Double-click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer
- Then in the lower left hand corner of the browser window double click on >> follow the prompts
- Now in the Computer scan settings window that appears:-
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is Not checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
Note: Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan!
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on: Start
- The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
- Do nottouch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on: Finish
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files (x86)\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Just one of the variations based upon my other set of instructions created for Chrome that can be adjusted to suit the situation/actual operating system etc.
Now from a Anti-Malware point of view all looking fine so far so lets run a few checks pertaining to the actual Operating System itself as follows...
Run Windows 7 SRD:
Boot you machine up using the Windows 7 Startup Repair Disk you created.
- If not sure how to, a very good tutorial can be read here.
- You will have to answer a few basic questions then select the option Repair your computer
- At the the System Recovery Options screen click Windows 7 to highlight then Next>
- Now click on/select Startup Repair
- If prompted to use System Restore, select Cancel.
- The same if prompted to Send information about this problem (recommended), select Don't send.
- Click Finish when Startup Repair has completed, run it again another two times.
- Upon completion of the third run, remove the SRD disc and then click on Restart
Windows 7 - System File Checker:
- Click on Start(Windows 7 Orb).
- Then click on All Programs >> Accessories
- Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Click on Continue in the UAC prompt.
- At the Command Prompt C:\Windows\System32> type in the following exactly:
- cd c:\
- Then depress the Enter/Return key, then type in the following exactly:
- sfc /scannow
- Then depress the Enter/Return key.
Let myself know when completed the above and we will then go from there, thank you.