Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

winsvchost.exe Virus

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

winsvchost.exe Virus

Unread postby HiggsBosons » November 23rd, 2013, 8:33 pm

Hello, I am fairly unintelligent person when it comes to computers, but when I see a process in task manager taking up 100% of my cpu and RAM, I know somethings wrong. The process is labeled as winsvchost.exe and is located in my AppData folder in the x86Adobe86x folder. I would like some help on how to remove the virus and am open to provide any logs. However I do not know what logs I need to provide and would like someone to tell me. I have an HP pavilion g6 laptop model d8x85ua, running Windows 8.1. Please help me fix my computer! I was unable to use DDS and had to use OTL instead. Also the OTL and Extras.txt didn't fit into the post so I have included them as attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HiggsBosons

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: winsvchost.exe Virus

Unread postby nunped » November 24th, 2013, 7:12 am

Hello HiggsBosons, and welcome to the forum.

My name is nunped and I'll be helping you with any malware problems.

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

Here are some guidelines for the cleaning process to run as easy as possible.

1. Please read this topic: ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST where the conditions for receiving help here are explained.
  2. The instructions being given are for YOUR computer and system only! Using these instructions on a different computer can cause damage to that computer and possibly render it inoperable!
  3. You must have Administrator rights permissions for this computer.
  4. DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so!
  5. DO NOT install any other software (or hardware) during the cleaning process. This adds more items to be researched.
  6. Only post your problem at one help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
  7. Only reply to this thread. Do not start another thread.
  8. The absence of symptoms does not imply the absence of malware. Please continue responding until I give you the "All Clean".
  9. No Reply Within 3 Days will result in your topic being closed!

Read through these instructions with your full attention.
Please ask first if you have any doubts.

I am currently reviewing your logs and will return, as soon as possible, with additional instructions.
nunped
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby nunped » November 24th, 2013, 11:44 am

Hi HiggsBosons,

We'll need a few more scans.

Can you tell me how you got your license for "Microsoft Office Professional Plus"?
Also, is this computer used for any kind of business activity?

TDSSKiller - Rootkit Removal Tool
Please download the TDSSKiller.exe by Kaspersky... save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
  • Right-click on TDSSKiller.exe and select "run as administrator" to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    If TDSSKiller does not run... rename it. Right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. ektfhtw.com). If you don't see file extensions, please see: How to change the file extension.
  • Click the Start Scan button. Do not use the computer during the scan!
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the "Scan results - Select action for found objects" and offer 3 options.
    • Ensure SKIP is selected... DO NOT attempt to FIX anything yet!
    • Now click on Report to open the log file created by TDSSKiller in your root directory C:\
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_dd.mm.yyyy_hh.mm.ss_log.txt will be created and saved to the root directory. (usually Local Disk C: ).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

CKScanner
Please download CKScanner ... Save it to your desktop.
This program should only be run once!
Make sure that CKScanner.exe is on the your desktop before running the application!

• Right-click on the CKScanner.exe icon and select "Run as Administrator", then click the Search For Files button.
  • When the scan is finished (the cursor hourglass disappears) click the Save List To File button.
    A text file will be created on your desktop named "ckfiles.txt"
  • Click OK at the file saved message box. Double-click on the ckfiles.txt icon on your desktop.
  • Please copy/paste the contents of ckfiles.txt in your next reply.
nunped
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby HiggsBosons » November 24th, 2013, 1:46 pm

I solved the problem overnight by searching online.
HiggsBosons

Unread postby Cypher » November 24th, 2013, 1:55 pm

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove