Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Need Expert Suggestions!

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Need Expert Suggestions!

Unread postby mswalker13 » October 15th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Hello askey127,

Thank you so much for all of your advice. I will start off by downloading the MS .NET 2.0 first and see where I go from that point. It may just be more beneficial to invest in a brand new computer, since this software program will not be supported by MS by next year anyways.

But I will try the above suggestions just to see which way I should go!

Thanks!
mswalker13
mswalker13

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby mswalker13 » October 24th, 2013, 4:08 am

Hi askey127,

I am a little irritated about how my computer is running at the moment. It seems that ever since I completed some of the requests you asked me to do, my computer is not running the same. While it was a little bit slower before, now I am unable to delete old versions of different programs in order to update to the new ones...i.e. Java and iTunes. After some online research, it seemed that I needed to download the MS NET Framework 2.0 and even when I tried to do that, my computer said "Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software". Not sure how that even came off my computer in the first place? The old version of java still shows up in my remove programs but when I try to remove it, it says that the program is running on a network that is unavailable...or that I need administrative permission to execute the files. Something of that nature.

Anyways..super irritated.

Help?
mswalker13
mswalker13

Unread postby mswalker13 » October 24th, 2013, 4:21 am

Ok wait...just read your last email again and have connected the dots somewhat. My plan is to just get another pc or maybe even a laptop in the next month or so that I don't have to deal with any of this. But in the meantime I am still using this machine for my schooling, for listening to music and for trying to watch videos and everything is slow and it's driving me and my ocd for organization crazy!

Any suggestions while I am still using this computer for the time being? Or is my software simply out of date and unable to support the newer type HD videos and tv shows? Le sigh.

Thanks a lot!
mswalker13
mswalker13

Unread postby askey127 » October 24th, 2013, 7:16 am

mswalker13,
The only things we have done so far is remove junkware, and change some settings to speed things up
That should not cause any malfunctions.

Let's do this disk check:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Check Hard Disk For Errors
Press Start->Run, then type or copy/paste the following command into the box and press OK:
(Click on "Select all" to highlight the line of text)
Code: Select all
cmd  /c  chkdsk  c:  |find  /v  "percent"  >> "%userprofile%\desktop\checkhd.txt"

A blank command window will open on your desktop,
then close in a few minutes. This is normal.
A file and icon named checkhd.txt should appear on your Desktop. Please post the contents of this file.

askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby mswalker13 » October 24th, 2013, 8:58 pm

Hi!

Ok, here is the information that you requested. Sorry to keep bugging you, but as always, I appreciate your assistance.
mswalker13

The type of the file system is NTFS.

WARNING! F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
CHKDSK is recovering lost files.
CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)...
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the
master file table (MFT) bitmap.
Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.
Windows found problems with the file system.
Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.

78170368 KB total disk space.
58509740 KB in 60481 files.
29928 KB in 11879 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
219572 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
19411128 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
19542592 total allocation units on disk.
4852782 allocation units available on disk.
mswalker13

Unread postby askey127 » October 25th, 2013, 8:44 am

mswalker13,
You need to be aware that you are lucky the machine still runs at all, without re-installing Win XP from scratch and starting over.
All those file sharing programs (Bearshare, Frostwire, Azureus, etc.) download infected files onto your machine,and change your settings.
Those infections are not necessarily completely fixable.
The search for free programs using those file sharing methods is fraught with trouble.
------------------------------------------------------------
Download and Install the latest version of Java Runtime Environment from here :
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html, and install it to your computer.
Under Java Platform, Standard Edition, labeled Java SE 7 Update 45, click on the button labeled JRE Download. Do NOT choose the button labeled "JDK Download" or "JRE Server".
If it won't allow you to get past the "Agree to the license" dialog, you will need to set your browser to temporarily allow scripts.
Check the button to agree to the license.
Select the link for your Platform, labeled Windows x86 Offline, filename jre-7u45-windows-i586.exe, and click it.
Download it, choose Save, and save it to your desktop.
Then doubleclick it on your desktop, and it will install the newest version of Java for you to use.

During installation, be certain to Uncheck and Refuse any offer for "partner software" or toolbars.
When it finishes, you can remove the Installer from your desktop.
askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby askey127 » October 25th, 2013, 8:54 am

One additional item:
When you open Control Panel >> Security Center, what does it show about Antivirus?
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!