Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Spyware on Mac OSX from E-mail Link - Please Help

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Spyware on Mac OSX from E-mail Link - Please Help

Unread postby mackeen » September 12th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Hi,

I am new to the forum, and fear that I may have inadvertently installed spyware software on my MacBook computer. I was sent a link via e-mail, and fear that the sender intended to use it to install spyware on my computer. When I clicked on the link (hxxps://mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/776/ ... 0ee926c6b3) it opened up a Gmail login screen.

The link itself looks innocent, but is it possible that clicking on this link could have installed something malicious on my Mac? Is there a way for me to check my Mac for the presence of any such spyware or malware?

Your quick help is very much much appreciated.

Thanks,

John
Last edited by Wingman on September 13th, 2013, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Disabled link
mackeen

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Spyware on Mac OSX from E-mail Link - Please Help

Unread postby Gary R » September 12th, 2013, 7:03 pm

This forum does not work with Mac computers, only with Microsoft Windows based systems.

The following forums have support for Macs, however I couldn't say whether that includes Malware removal support ...

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/forum/17 ... d=noscript
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/172/mac-os/
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f65/

.... The level of help at all the above forums is generally very good.

We are sorry we can not offer you assistance with this matter.