Good morning Cypher and thanks again.
Good afternoon and you're welcome
Starting Firefox in safe mode seems to have fixed the issue. No more black screens.
Good, in that case reset FireFox, that should solve the problem.
In the FireFiox
browser click Help
> Troubleshooting information
> Reset FireFox
In the pop-up window click Reset FireFox
Your computer appears to be clean of malware.Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
Next.Clean up with OTL
- Double-click OTL.exe to run it.
- Copy and Paste the following code into the textbox. Do not include the word Code
- (Click the select all button next to the codebox to select the entire script).
- Code: Select all
- Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
- Click .
- OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
- The report should appear in Notepad after the reboot.Copy and Paste that report in your next reply.
You can now delete any tools/logs we used if they remain on your Desktop.Protection Programs
- Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
- This will remove some of the tools we used to clean your pc.
- Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
- On the OTL main screen, press the CleanUp! button
- Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
Don't forget to re-enable
any protection programs we disabled during your fix.
Please read the article below which will give you a few suggestions for how to minimise your chances of getting another infection.I would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed. Safe surfing!