I've checked through the logs you've supplied, and I can't see anything we've done that might have caused your problems in the Metro screen. However, it does appear to be a pretty common complaint, and if your screen size, and/or UAC setting are not the problem (and we've already checked them), then the solution offered on the Microsoft support site ... http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... c8e07b3314
.... seems to be to Refresh your PC ....
If Metro Apps are still not working your other option would be to Refresh your PC.
Here is what will happen when you refresh your PC:
- Your files and personalization settings won't change.
- Your PC settings will be changed back to their defaults.
- Apps from Windows Store will be kept.
- Apps you installed from discs or websites will be removed.
- A list of removed apps will be saved on your desktop.
The following steps will take you through how to refresh your PC:
- Press Windows key + C on your keyboard to show the Charms bar (If you are using a touchscreen: Touch the right edge of your screen and swipe your finger to the left)
- Click Settings
- Click Change PC Settings
- Click General in the left column
- Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started
- Follow the instructions that will be provided on the screen to refresh your PC.
Obviously if you do this, you'll need to re-install any apps that get removed manually yourself, and also you'll have to reset any settings that get changed back to how you had them yourself. I won't be able to help you with that.
There may be other solutions to this problem, but if there are, then I haven't found any so far that look reliable.
I can if you wish refer you a few forums that deal with these kind of issues, and they may have other suggestions for you. As I said earlier, this is not really my area of expertise.