Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Help: Facebook phishing site? Opens tons of tabs on start up

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Help: Facebook phishing site? Opens tons of tabs on start up

Unread postby ckal9 » May 20th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Hey everyone, I'm hoping I can get some help because I cannot get this resolved after trying many things.

Just yesterday I noticed that when I wake my computer up from sleep mode, or just restart or boot up my computer, my google chrome opens 10-20 tabs attempting to reach Facebook links. Here are a couple examples:

htt ps://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hpho ... ?529354585

ht tps://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... ?509812954

I have run malware bytes and norton anti virus to no avail, I have cleared cookies, changed Facebook passwords, rolled back my computer a day, and went to msconfig and disabled a facebook updater on start up.

I really have no idea what to do, and google searches bring back nothing. I saw one other post on the mozilla firefox support forums with the problem I have, but the answer was just go to a spyware or malware forum for help.

Please help. Thank you.
ckal9

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Help: Facebook phishing site? Opens tons of tabs on star

Unread postby Cypher » May 20th, 2013, 1:04 pm

Posting at multiple forums

You have requested help with this problem at another forum:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ ... -start-up/

May I draw your attention to the ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM MUST READ THIS FIRST topic, which you should have read before posting for help.
See the section here where we tell you why this is not a good idea.