Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Win32sirefef.ez trojan cannot be deleted.

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Win32sirefef.ez trojan cannot be deleted.

Unread postby xrisem » February 26th, 2013, 1:12 pm

Hi Melboy,
Sorry for my silence. Everything seem to be ok but I still think my machine is a bit slow as compared to its speed previously even though the hard disk is free as compared to before.

Also, when performing boot scan with Avast, previously it runs before windows xp loads bt now it runs after Windows Xp Slogan appears and disappear.

Consequently, I stil don't feel comfortable with the options that appear when windows is loading. I mean, the option I mentioned in my last post. I think, I just want only Windows option showing and every other option removed.

Thanks..
xrisem

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby melboy » February 26th, 2013, 3:13 pm

Hi xrisem :)

We can remove the Recovery Console if that's what you want, but I'd ask you to consider leaving it.

Having it installed won't affect the normal running & functionality of Windows at all. Likewise it wont affect the running of Avast's boot scan. Nothing loads at start up unless you choose the option to enter the Recovery Console when you're presented with the option before Windows boots.

The Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is a special environment that enables you to carry out some tasks & repairs outside of normal Windows. It can be helpful in the event you have a problem, such as you not being able to boot into Windows - hence the reason it is installed by Combofix.

There's a description of what the Recovery Console is on the Microsoft Support site in this knowledgebase article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

The options you see at boot up are stored in the boot.ini file. Removal of the Recovery Console will require the editing of your boot.ini

--------------

Boot.ini Check

• Open Notepad.
  • Copy and Paste everything from inside the Code Box below into Notepad (Do not include Code:)
Code: Select all
@Echo off
xcopy C:\boot.ini "%userprofile%\desktop\" /h
attrib -s -h "%userprofile%\desktop\boot.ini"
ren "%userprofile%\desktop\boot.ini" bootini.txt
Del %0 
  • Go to File >> Save As
  • Save File name as Look.bat
  • Change Save as Type to All Files and save the file to your Desktop.
  • It should look like this: Image

Now double click on the desktop Look.bat to run the batch file. It will self-delete when completed and produce a notepad text file named bootini on your desktop.

Post the contents of that file in your next reply & let me know whether you would still like to remove the Recovery Console, or leave it installed. :)
melboy
MRU Expert
MRU Expert

Unread postby Cypher » March 2nd, 2013, 6:55 am

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Previous