Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

lb.adnxs.com

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: lb.adnxs.com

Unread postby Will Reed » October 8th, 2012, 10:43 am

The popups are gone! Thank you so much for your help! Is there anything I should do to put my computer back to normal settings such as spy bot?
Will Reed

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Jack&Jill » October 8th, 2012, 7:23 pm

Hello Will :),

Good to hear that. In order to Immunize with Spybot, please take a look at this tutorial.

However we are not done yet and I need to take a look at the latest OTL logs. Please run a scan and post the logs.

Scan with OTL
  • Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
  • Make sure all the Use SafeList options is checked (selected). There are five of them.
  • Under the Modules section, please select No Company Name.
  • Check Scan All Users.
  • At the lower right corner, check LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner. This might take a while.
  • When done, two Notepad files will open. Please post the contents of these 2 Notepad files in your next reply. One log per reply please.
    Note: These files are saved as OTL.txt and Extras.txt on the desktop.

--------------------

Do an online scan with ESET Online Scanner.
Please be patient as scanning will take quite some time. If you have problem running the scan, you might want to disable any real time protection that you have.
  • Click here to go to ESET Online Scanner page.
  • Click on Run ESET Online Scanner. A new window will open.
    For FireFox user, you will need to download and install esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe. Click on it and save the file to a convenient location. Double click on it to install and a new window will open.
  • After reading through the Terms of Use, check YES, I accept the Terms of Use and click Start to begin scan.
  • You will be prompted to install an ActiveX Control from ESET. Please install.
  • At the Computer scan settings section, uncheck (untick) Remove found threats. <-- Important, do not remove anything yet.
  • Then, check Scan archives.
  • Now, click on Advanced settings and make sure all these are checked:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • Click on Scan to proceed.
  • When done, the scan result will be shown. Look for C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt and open the file.
  • Post the contents in your reply.

If the contents of log.txt do not reflect what is shown in the result window, click on List of found threats, then Export to text file..., save a file and post that instead.

--------------------

Please post back:
1. the OTL logs
2. ESET result
Jack&Jill
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Jack&Jill » October 14th, 2012, 3:35 am

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Jack&Jill
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!