ESET NOD32 Online Scan
Vista - W7 users: You will need to to right-click on the IE or FF icons on the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.
Please temporarily disable your Anti-virus real-time protection. If active, it could impact the online scan.Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download "esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe" when prompted... then double click on it to install.
Do NOT use the computer while the scan is running... make sure all other programs and windows are closed!
Please go to ESET Online Scanner - © ESET All Rights Reserved... to run an online scan.
- Click the green [ESET Online Scanner] button.
- Click the green [Start] button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser and allow the download/installation of any require files.
If your browser blocks or halts a download, please allow it to download any required files.
- Under scan settings:
- Check "Scan archives"
- Remove found threats is UNCHECKED
- Click Advanced settings ... select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click the [Start] button.
ESET will install itself, download virus signature database updates and begin scanning your computer.
The scan will take a while so please be patient. Do NOT use the computer while the scan is running.
- When the scan completes... press the text:
- Press the text: ... then save the file to your desktop as ESETScan.txt.
- Press the [Back] button... then press the [Finish] button.
- Copy and paste the contents of ESETScan.txt in your next reply.
Note: If no threats are found, there is no option to create a log. Just report back to me there was nothing found.
Remember to enable your Anti-virus protection... before continuing!